DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 10 First ... 56789 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Sync you FG account with your Steam account ...

And Welcome to the FG forums!
    TA mate. That did it! And thanks for the welcome

I'm seeing an issue with adding careers. When adding a career, the new career box pops up, however, I can't type anything into the title, nor any text into the text portion. In addition, there is some garbled text there. Any idea of why this is?

1E Error.JPG
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EST) United States; GMT -5 hours

Is it possible to add your own weapons and armor to the ruleset? It used to be you could right click->create item but that doesn't seem to work for this ruleset.

GB
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Is it possible to add your own weapons and armor to the ruleset? It used to be you could right click->create item but that doesn't seem to work for this ruleset.

GB
    I'm seeing an issue with adding careers. When adding a career, the new career box pops up, however, I can't type anything into the title, nor any text into the text portion. In addition, there is some garbled text there. Any idea of why this is?

1E Error.JPG
    Evening All,

Been busy with work, parents evenings, stroppy kid, a child away on residential, cricket and erm coding.

Careers are on the todo list, when I get around to these you'll be able to add them in and more, I'm hoping to get onto it in the next update as you've raised it.

Equipment, Weapons etc are the item I'm working on now for v1.0.6. I hoped to finish it last night, but I've not, I'll get back onto it over the weekend.

Cheers
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

I know how RL can be. Thanks for your work in this ruleset...enjoying Traveller once again!

Thanks MBM!

GB

GunbunnyFuFu, how comfortable are you with working with the XML? You can add the blank careers and export the module. Open up the module with a zip program like 7zip and configure by hand the XML and save it. I am thinking of doing a Traveller Asset template module like the DnD 5e one to help in the mean time for module creation. I was able to come out with some templates to show the data correctly with the module. Mostly Careers and Items and leaving the rest for what changes are coming for NPCs and Worlds. I'm actually halfway through the Black Books and about to jump into the Supplements. Will certainly be getting my 2300 books done as well. Have a few solo campaigns I'm wanting to finish. If you have questions, I can try and help. I prefer making my modules with straight XML instead of in Fantasy Grounds.

Superteddy,

I'm very comfortable with XML, having worked with it extensively as a Community Developer. The only issue that I have is that the module resides in the Data Vault in an encrypted format, meaning I can't look at the XML to figure out the data paths and how things were added, the data paths, etc..Otherwise, I'd be hand coding all the careers, skills, weapons, armor, and equipment from the 2300 AD base book into FG.

Thanks,

GB

Gotcha, sometimes hard to tell someone's level. Wasn't trying to call it into question.

I was able to figure out a few good templates for the things you described. Might see some changes to it once code gets changed, but works well so far. Well some of it I added since I like to have that without pulling up the reference manual my books. It comes out perfect when I check it in Fantasy Grounds. Not sure what I can share here. Am I able to show snippets of module code I use without any direct information to the game? Don't know if the code itself can be shared?

I know how RL can be. Thanks for your work in this ruleset...enjoying Traveller once again!

Thanks MBM!

GB
    GB (ace name btw), thanks for the kind words.

Back from a week of working with Civil Servants (as we call those who work for the Government), they do my head in, sooooo much red tape.

Anyway, taking a break for dinner and then back into the coding chair tonight, reminds me, I need a new coding chair, this one has done me proud for the last 20 years, time for a new one.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

One question that I have been mulling over since you mentioned more resources are going into the 2E ruleset and supplements. Will 2E be a separate second purchase as a whole new ruleset or one packaged with 1E when you have it completed?

Thread Information