DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 10 First ... 78910 Last
    well crap... this is not the traveller i thought it was... i thought this was first edition traveller from 1977. The images used in the store are identical to the real 1E covers, but the rules are not. I had no idea that mongoose was a completely different thing. Live and learn I guess... what is the return policy for fantasy grounds modules?

in a million years it would have never occurred to me that someone (mongoose) would publish a ruleset and call it first edition and have it actually be the 9th edition
    Last edited by notrichman; June 2nd, 2018 at 22:57.

Quote Originally Posted by notrichman View Post
    I had no idea that mongoose was a completely different thing. Live and learn I guess... what is the return policy for fantasy grounds modules?
    When I read your previous post just now I thought "Oops, it’s not LBB Traveller!" Anyway, SmiteWorks have a very good return policy. Email [email protected] with details and I’m sure they’ll sport you out.

And welcome to the FG forums!

Just as a FYI - you can pretty much play classic Traveller with Mongoose Traveller - it’s set in the same time period (no rebellion, hard times, virus, etc.) and is fairly close to the original in feel. The main thing being it's more "modern" in terms of a task system (not just a bunch of many different 2d6 rolls that classic Traveller had) and has a more structured combat. There are obviously other differences as well, but you can pretty much pick up any classic Traveller adventure and run it with little/no changes with Mongoose Traveller. Give it a go!
    Last edited by Trenloe; June 3rd, 2018 at 00:36.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

i have been wanting an excuse to buy a license for fantasy grounds... this weeks sale for FG and the fact that this module for lbb traveller is available made me pull trigger (please note your module is probably the only game related purchase i have made in the past two years that wasn't on sale - killed me inside tbh - THAT is how much i wanted this)... I am off to dive into it!
    Good Morning, and first, thanks for finding the excuse to pick up the license for FG just for this.

Today I start on 1.0.7, just sorting the Spacecraft data first....

Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

well crap... this is not the traveller i thought it was... i thought this was first edition traveller from 1977. The images used in the store are identical to the real 1E covers, but the rules are not. I had no idea that mongoose was a completely different thing. Live and learn I guess... what is the return policy for fantasy grounds modules?

in a million years it would have never occurred to me that someone (mongoose) would publish a ruleset and call it first edition and have it actually be the 9th edition
    Morning again,

This is why I was called 'Mongoose Traveller 1st Editiion', there's a lot of Traveller rules these days, I own Traveller T5 (Far Future Enterprises) as well.

Cheers,
    MBM
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

TBH, its very close to the original, with a few updated items, why not give it a try?

Actually, it's so close, I bet you can play the original rules with this ruleset...

thanks trenloe for the support information - i am going to contact support for the refund...

"This is why I was called 'Mongoose Traveller 1st Editiion'"
    unfortunately madman, the store doesn't call it this...

In the store it looks like this...
    "Traveller 1E Ruleset (Mongoose)"

I think more flags would have went off for me if it actually said "Mongoose Traveller 1E (not the first edition released in 1977)" or something similar.

I still have my start up box from then and the character build process is very different... which pretty much makes this a no go for me and the guys i want to run for.

I don't want to argue about how similar others might feel it is... its not the 1st edition of traveller I was expecting. Good luck with your project.
    Last edited by notrichman; June 3rd, 2018 at 18:55.

You can make your own characters and just enter the values into the character sheet. There really is no automation for character creation. You *can* run CT with this ruleset.

Not trying to change your mind, just putting out the correct information in case someone else reads this.

Noticed a problem, when a pc sets a characteristic to 15 or above the DM shows 0 not 3, if you do the same for a NPC it has the correct DM. How can I fix this, I can't just override I have tried to unless I am doing it wrong.

Can you help.

Logarus

Quote Originally Posted by Logarus View Post
    Noticed a problem, when a pc is set to a characteristic to 15 or above the DM shows 0 not 3, if you do the same for a NPC it has the correct DM. How cab I fix this, I can't just override I have tried to unless I am doing it wrong.

Can you help.

Logarus
    It's a bug that's been reported, and I've fixed it today. As the mods are auto calculated you can't override. The only workaround is to use a modifier when making dice rolls with that stat, I know this isn't great, or set it to 14 for +2, and remember to add one.

I'll try and finish 1.0.7 as soon as I can so the fix is out there. Soon as I have I'll make a post as normal.

Cheers,
    MBM

Thread Information