5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Merge delete and consequences for labels

OK, so I've searched the board, and the only thread I can find with a similar question (and no answer in the thread) is from nearly three years ago. Simply put, I'm trying to make an extension for the 3.5 ruleset to allow for the use of the Wounds and Vitality rules described in the Unearthed Arcana. Simply put, these rules remove nonlethal damage, so an extension to implement these rules must do the same. I'm currently working on the UI, and after using merge delete on the nonlethal field, I now find it difficult to work out how to deal with the associated label. Here is my current code:

Code:
    <number_dropadd name="nonlethal" merge="delete" />
    <label_fieldtop>
        <anchored to="nonlethal" />
        <static textres="char_label_nonlethal" />
    </label_fieldtop>
    Since there isn't a name for the label, merge="delete" isn't an option, so what should I do here?

Blog Entries
    mrgrey you have identified the issue - it cant be merge deleted because it has no name. Please post it in the 3.3.5 test thread and Moon Wizard might be able to name it for you before tomorrows big update... otherwise you will have to wait somewhat longer.
    If it doesnt get named you might have to replace the whole windowclass or even file.

Posted. Here's hoping I wasn't too late - having to replace the entire windowclass would be less than ideal, given that it would basically mean copy-pasting huge chunks of code that wouldn't then be updated...

Just posted new beta build with new label names for the main/combat sheet in PFRPG/3.5E.
    I wouldn't normally make changes this close to release, but this change doesn't affect extension compatibility, so it should be good.

Cheers,
    JPG

Great work! Doesn’t do anything for me but I gotta show appreciation for how well you take care of us

Edit: Plus good on Damned for suggesting the idea!

Thanks, that should make things much easier.

Thread Information