DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Savage Worlds: exporting pre-generated characters not working

Hi all;

When I export characters I've made for my adventure it puts them in the new modules 'Archetypes' folder and leaves the Characters folder empty. How do I get this to put my pre-gens where I want/need them to be? I know that they are in the Archetype folder and as a GM I can drag and drop them to the Character folder but this doesn't help anyone who's using the module.

Thanks!

Sgain
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

I believe that the idea is that the Archetypes are always available as part of the module that you can load for any campaign. Then, you can drag and drop the archetype link from the Archetypes list onto the Character Selection list to add to your campaign.

There are a lot of different archetypes available in Savage Worlds in varying states of completeness, depending on the setting. This allows all the archetype references to be copied to create whatever characters you want to set up for your specific campaign.

Regards,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Once they are dragged into the character window, your players should be able to see them once they re-open the character window on their end.

In the SW ruleset, pre-gens are stored and accessed from the <archetypes> data node.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...Best_Practices
    Last edited by Mortar; April 14th, 2018 at 00:19. Reason: edited to add link
    Ultimate License Holder

Yep I know that guys - my problem is that when I export my characters it creates an empty folder called 'Characters' which is my problem.
    Ultimate license owner.
    I use FG online as well as at the tabletop. I usually stream my games; Savage Worlds - Sat at 6, Sunday at 2 and 6pm and 5e on Monday at 6:30 pm Pacific time. Look for 7thSim on Twitch!

Blog Entries
    Folder? In the module you exported?
    Ultimate License Holder

nope, my bad, the Character 'window' in the game. Seems that this is a problem.
    Ultimate license owner.

Blog Entries
    Easy fix. Open the Archetypes sidebar window...drag them into the Character window. Have your players re-open the window, they should be able to see them and select them.
    Ultimate License Holder

yep, like I said in the very first post; I know this - but it seems that others don't.

I'm trying to get a module published on Smiteworks page and according to the person I'm working with, I cannot have an empty 'window' in my module. I've explained about savage worlds doing it differently but I don't think that is going to fly.

I was hoping there was another way to export the pre-gens.
    Ultimate license owner.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgain View Post
    I'm trying to get a module published on Smiteworks page and according to the person I'm working with, I cannot have an empty 'window' in my module. I've explained about savage worlds doing it differently but I don't think that is going to fly.
    Can you provide a screenshot of what you're referring to please?

I think we're confused as to exactly where this empty window is. It may be that the person in SmiteWorks doesn't fully understand how this all works. But it will be good for us to understand the issue 100% so that we can provide clear feedback you can take to SmiteWorks.

Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Add this bit to your exported code, this will make them appear in that window. Link them to the archetypes in the data you have already exported.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Pregens

To further add to this, the pre-gens in SW don't actually appear in that character window until they are added to the campaign - either adding them by dragging them or using the pre-gen links and hitting the green add button.
    Last edited by Mortar; April 14th, 2018 at 00:54.
    Ultimate License Holder

Thread Information