Fantasy Grounds Fridays Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. #1
    Blahness98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Wisconsin
    Posts
    913

    User Created Armor/Weapon Upgrades

    I am in the process of entering the stuff from Pact Worlds for my next campaign. The issue I am coming across is attempting to enter in the armor/weapon upgrades. When comparing the (armor) upgrades from the other books I own in FG (Core, AA), I am unable to actually get the number of slots the upgrade takes to show in the window like the existing templates. Also when making weapon/armor upgrade templates, they are not populating in the templates section. They are remaining as generic items and are not considered templates the forge will recognize. I wanted to look to see what I had to change in order to do so, but unfortunately, I cannot create a local copy of the template to compare to what I have created. See the following examples..

    Armor Upgrade Template Comparison.PNG
    Weapon Fusion Template Comparison.PNG

    What is the actual process of creating the necessary templates. Let me know.
    Ultimate License Holder

    Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

    Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

  2. #2
    It might not be fully implemented or an oversight. The forge seems only partially functional when I last tried it.

    As for making templates.... the few times I tried things felt off. They might need to go through it and double check the implementations. Kind of like the effects situation.
    Last edited by Treviron Riaxx; April 12th, 2018 at 23:19.
    Ultimate License owner

    Starfinder Corebook and alien archives 1 and 2, armory, pact world owner.

  3. #3
    Blahness98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Wisconsin
    Posts
    913
    Could be the reason, but then again with a pair of developers on the rule set, it might have fallen between the cracks.

    On the effect front, I think I have posted most of the effects issues. I did, however, miss the various covers granting dex bonuses.
    Ultimate License Holder

    Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

    Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

  4. #4
    Apparently Samarex wrote something on the known bug list about adding effects...

    And agreed I think the forge/template fell through the cracks.\

    Yeah he's updating some of the effects...
    Ultimate License owner

    Starfinder Corebook and alien archives 1 and 2, armory, pact world owner.

  5. #5
    Samarex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Blahness98 View Post
    I am in the process of entering the stuff from Pact Worlds for my next campaign. The issue I am coming across is attempting to enter in the armor/weapon upgrades. When comparing the (armor) upgrades from the other books I own in FG (Core, AA), I am unable to actually get the number of slots the upgrade takes to show in the window like the existing templates. Also when making weapon/armor upgrade templates, they are not populating in the templates section. They are remaining as generic items and are not considered templates the forge will recognize. I wanted to look to see what I had to change in order to do so, but unfortunately, I cannot create a local copy of the template to compare to what I have created. See the following examples..

    Armor Upgrade Template Comparison.PNG
    Weapon Fusion Template Comparison.PNG

    What is the actual process of creating the necessary templates. Let me know.
    I will Look into these. and see whats up and what I can do to correct them.

    As far as the Weapons and Armor Pact Worlds.
    Pact Worlds conversion is complete and you should see it hitting the store soon.
    It has all the weapons and armor included.

    Samarex
    Russell Campbell


    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

  6. #6
    Blahness98's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Somewhere in Wisconsin
    Posts
    913
    I guessed that the module would be out soon, but I wanted some practice in entering in everything for when I build my campaign. Thanks for looking into it Russ.
    Ultimate License Holder

    Running:
    Nothing at the moment.

    Time Zone: Central Time (GMT -6)

  7. #7
    Still for those of us that can't afford to pay for a hardcover twice. Like to be able to imput it manually and have it work. Those modules are expensive even with pdf. Still would be appreciated to make sure it is working as intended.
    Ultimate License owner

    Starfinder Corebook and alien archives 1 and 2, armory, pact world owner.

  8. #8
    Samarex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by Treviron Riaxx View Post
    Still for those of us that can't afford to pay for a hardcover twice. Like to be able to imput it manually and have it work. Those modules are expensive even with pdf. Still would be appreciated to make sure it is working as intended.
    Yes I understand users should be able to create anything in the system from scratch and don't get me wrong I was not saying that he would have to buy it to get it, I was only letting him know it was coming.

    I have looked at the issue and agree we have a problem. I have plans to talk with the other developer and see if we can come up with a better format for Items and Templates.
    I will work on this and get it straight.
    Russell Campbell


    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

  9. #9
    Samarex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    1,028
    Hi All, Did some work today. upon approval this is what I got so far.

    You now will be able to open Item Template Record window
    Here will list all templates and you can create new ones.
    Forge
    -Spells can now be forged into items.
    -At this point it creates a new Item combining the Item and Template
    -Other Tab has Item and all Template descriptions.
    -At this stage the stats on the Item are not actually changed. Once you forge it you can edit the new item with any stat changes IE AC Bonus's ect..
    But the items lets you know what Upgrades have been applied.

    Possible upgrade later to have stats auto populate.

    Samarex
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Russell Campbell


    Discord User : Samarex#0318
    Ultimate License
    Starfinder Society ID#:274538
    Lets Play a RPG

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Samarex View Post
    Yes I understand users should be able to create anything in the system from scratch and don't get me wrong I was not saying that he would have to buy it to get it, I was only letting him know it was coming.

    I have looked at the issue and agree we have a problem. I have plans to talk with the other developer and see if we can come up with a better format for Items and Templates.
    I will work on this and get it straight.
    Forgive how It read its not what meant. Only meant that it needed revising as it didn't seem to like custom templafes and the applications forge wise. Which makes it difficult for those that can't afford to buy the modules or create non module specific templates from homebrewed settings etc.

    Didn't meant to have it sound er... aggressive I guess the word is.
    Ultimate License owner

    Starfinder Corebook and alien archives 1 and 2, armory, pact world owner.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Starfinder Playlist

Log in

Log in