STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Keyboard and other shortcuts?

Hey, it is the new noob here again =D

Are there any shortcut for quick approving movements when we lock the token positions? I use a Notebook and using the touchpad to click the path is kinda slow.

Are there any other useful key-shortcuts i should know?

if there is not, someone should create this extension if it is not too hard.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Buy a mouse.
    You are being cruel to yourself.
    FG is not all that fun with a touchpad.
    I have a mouse but my players use it, as i play live =(
    Sometimes i take it when i need it more.

it would be cool if i would press ctrl+something to auto-aprove it, if that would be possible.

On the other topic. How fantasy grounds works with touchscreen devices? Does it help?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrique Oliveira Machado View Post
    if there is not, someone should create this extension if it is not too hard.
    I don't think this would be possible purely from a shortcut key standpoint - you're always going to have to use a mouse as there can be multiple tokens with paths created, and you'll need to click on a token to approve the move for that specific token.

Maybe left click to select one token and then a button on the window or a specific hotkey to select the move. Maybe it's possible... but this isn't much of a saving over the current process.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I don't think this would be possible purely from a shortcut key standpoint - you're always going to have to use a mouse as there can be multiple tokens with paths created, and you'll need to click on a token to approve the move for that specific token.

Maybe left click to select one token and then a button on the window or a specific hotkey to select the move. Maybe it's possible... but this isn't much of a saving over the current process.
    I imagined it would be difficult.

What if after the player finished moving his token a popup screen would appear to the DM asking approval?
    Hit enter to approve, Hit esc to not aprove - with Yes/No buttons -?

in that window, it would appear something like - character x is trying to move: [Yes] [No]
    So if more than one character is trying to move, two or more of this windows would pop in the DM screen, saying exactly what character is trying to move.

would that be easier -possible?
    Last edited by Henrique Oliveira Machado; April 11th, 2018 at 16:02.

I imagined it would be difficult.

What if after the player finished moving his token a popup screen would appear to the DM asking approval?
    Hit enter to approve, Hit esc to not aprove - with Yes/No buttons -?

in that window, it would appear something like - character x is trying to move: [Yes] [No]
    So if more than one character is trying to move, two or more of this windows would pop in the DM screen, saying exactly what character is trying to move.

would that be easier -possible?
    I think there would be loads of issues with that. How do you actually know when the player has finished movement? If they are moving around something they need to create the move from a set of little moves.

Also, little pop-up windows don't work that well in FG. What happens if a few players are all moving at once? You get a bunch of popup windows - which one applies to which player? OK, you just put the PC token on it to aid indentification, but still you suddenly have a bunch of popup windows all over the place. We already have GMs complaining about too many windows - do you really want more?

Maybe a little icon could be added to the entry in the combat tracker? That might work and make things easier - and also aid in doing movement just on the PC's turn.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

In the end, none of this can be done via an extension at this time. Because there is no API function to approve token movement (unless it's undocumented): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/tokeninstance.xcp

Maybe add your request to the wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

I think there would be loads of issues with that. How do you actually know when the player has finished movement? If they are moving around something they need to create the move from a set of little moves.

Also, little pop-up windows don't work that well in FG. What happens if a few players are all moving at once? You get a bunch of popup windows - which one applies to which player? OK, you just put the PC token on it to aid indentification, but still you suddenly have a bunch of popup windows all over the place. We already have GMs complaining about too many windows - do you really want more?

Maybe a little icon could be added to the entry in the combat tracker? That might work and make things easier - and also aid in doing movement just on the PC's turn.
    well, i wouldnt mind lots of pop ups if they would disappear just by pressing enter or esc rapidly.
    Also as i play face to face, players only move their tokens in their turn.

The indicator on the combat tracker wouldnt be bad either.

If the name of the player appeared at the pop up it would not be a problem with many screens, at least for me. Not different than the popup about dice rolls at the table.

In the end, none of this can be done via an extension at this time. Because there is no API function to approve token movement (unless it's undocumented): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdoc/tokeninstance.xcp

Maybe add your request to the wishlist: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/
    Added there, but i doubt anyone would want to do it.
    It is too much specific, i guess.

Added there, but i doubt anyone would want to do it.
    It is too much specific, i guess.
    What's the link to it?

Thread Information