5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 6 First 1234 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by celestian View Post
    It would be really nice if FG had a "Theatrical" mode for the "Order" section of the party sheet. Overlay the long/short/melee bits and let us maybe even put a image behind it on the fly.
    You can't do it on the fly, because it needs to be a predefined frame in the ruleset. But you can pre-set a graphic with this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tion-Extension
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can't do it on the fly, because it needs to be a predefined frame in the ruleset. But you can pre-set a graphic with this extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...tion-Extension
    Aye, I'm aware of that. I meant more of another version that is either specifically for Theatrical encounter types or a toggle within the "Order" tab.

It would need another overlay and option to load the images. Mostly meant this as a request for it to be added.

Someone could probably write another extension to do this (at least part of it) but not me, buried under my day job.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Mostly meant this as a request for it to be added.
    Go hither: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Aye, I'm aware of that. I meant more of another version that is either specifically for Theatrical encounter types or a toggle within the "Order" tab.

It would need another overlay and option to load the images. Mostly meant this as a request for it to be added.

Someone could probably write another extension to do this (at least part of it) but not me, buried under my day job.
    I could probably extend the party sheet marching formation to have another view with the TotM map but Im not sure how that would help with Combat...

Quote Originally Posted by ddavison View Post
    @shadzar, sorry. When I was sharing full-screen I was unable to see chat.
    yeah, which is why i said the TOTM combat was as hectic as real combat. only so much you can do with only Dave helping and 40 viewers and 20 people chatting at the same time. would need a team of mods to relay things to the stream to be able to address any salient points brought up.

but now i know its just a free image for people to use and redistribute with their creations extensions/themes/rulesets etc.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    I could probably extend the party sheet marching formation to have another view with the TotM map but Im not sure how that would help with Combat...
    The option would need to be able to be recognized as an actual map, bit more functionality that just the "Order" option has.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

Blog Entries
    The option would need to be able to be recognized as an actual map, bit more functionality that just the "Order" option has.
    Which means you may a well just use a map...

Where the north begins and pure water flows, eastern time zone USA
    Blog Entries
    Okay I think I have this figured out (geez I learn so much around here my brain is starting to hurt). So I am going to share here to be sure I have this right. My image couldn't be fit to the frame exactly but the neutral sections show outside so I think it is fine.
    Theatrical_Map_Blank.jpeg

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellspeth View Post
    Okay I think I have this figured out (geez I learn so much around here my brain is starting to hurt). So I am going to share here to be sure I have this right. My image couldn't be fit to the frame exactly but the neutral sections show outside so I think it is fine.
    Ouch. Someone is going to go thru the ringer!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellspeth View Post
    Theatrical_Map_Blank.jpeg
    Yep, you got it. It's nothing fancy.

What I would suggest is that you scale the background image up so it extends beyond the overall window so you don't have any of the other image showing through at all. It would be better to cut off parts of the top or bottom of your preferred image (IMO) instead of having an unrelated image bleeding through. If you are using Photoshop, you can click the eyeball icon to turn off the under layer too. If you do that, add a base layer that you fill with a solid color so you don't have a transparent background.

You can also change the colors of the lines if you want. When you open it up, set a 100 pixel grid if you want one column wide per section. Set it to 50 pixels if you want it 2 wide. It should be flexible enough to handle big or small combats.

Thread Information