5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Be aware, if you are going to distribute through the DMsGuild you don't need any licensing agreements or anything. But, if you want to distribute through any other outlet, you need to contact SmiteWorks ([email protected]) to figure out selling your products through their store or licensing for selling through some other distribution channel.

Good luck
    I won't be distributing it through DM's Guild because I don't want to be limited by it's 5e, Forgotten Realms/Ravenloft "boundaries". I want to build things using a system-agnostic approach and, when necessary, including one or two appendixes describing how things would work in this or that system. Basically, I want to provide small adventure areas, with maps, npcs and - if I find an artiest who wants to give this project a shot for a share of the sales - portraits and handouts so the DM can build it's own story on this "frame product" .

About FG modules, it is certainly not a final requirement, but since I am a big fan and advertiser of it, would be awesome to be able to have these products shipped for it. Especially because I am assuming a policy to share for free a part of each module I build (like a map of one of the areas, complete with all relevant text) and I think something like this could help to make FG more popular - at least here in Brazil (something like "hey, this month's module of Red Crow Pub teaser for Fantasy Grounds is ready, let us check it!").

Certainly, I need to discuss this with Smite Works, but first I will put more "meat" on those "bones"... lol Anyway, thanks for the tip and the wishes of good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Galach View Post
    Don't worry, Erin. I am building it on CoreRPG and since I will not rely on rules in this module, it will be only a mater of tweaking the XML file to have things working on both rules systems.
    Sweet, let me know when you get a PF Version done
    Two roads diverged in the woods and I, I took the one less traveled, and that has made me hopelessly lost!

First Module (Market Survey)

After some thinking and toil, and while I am working on the "main project", I had decided to do another "market survey", this time actually publishing something, and Shiny Bits Vol. 1: The General's General Store" was born.

For the sake of being quick and easy, I published it under DM's Guild (sorry, Erin). I wasn't expecting much but, in the end, I am receiving great feedback and some opportunities to other business had already developed from this simple file. and, even being "pay what you want", I had already earned some bucks with it in less then a week, so I would call it a win... hehehehe

Anyway, I would like to share it with you and know what you think. Future modules will be more complete, but this one have anything I plan to build, just in a very small and limited scope: visual identity, writing style, module tone, etc.

I am already alert about the typos, misspellings and other grammar issues - a very nice member of DMs Guild is helping me to correct them, through nicely commented feedback files. They will be corrected this weekend, but if you find something screaming "this is very wrong" (be it in grammar, style or rules-wise), I would like to know.

Well, no more talking. The link is here: Shiny Bits Volume 1

Edit:
    It is a GREAT feedback indeed
    1st Line - PDF file, shared last Sunday;
    2nd Line - FG Module, posted about 4 hours ago...

report.JPG
    Last edited by Galach; April 19th, 2018 at 23:22.

Thread Information