DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Mac Steam demo doesn't work

I found that when I installed the Mac Demo via Steam, it wasn't able to launch successfully. The Fantasy Grounds icon appeared in the doc, but no window ever appeared. The demo downloaded from your web site worked fine.

Blog Entries
    Hey khagler

have a look at this link: https://steamcommunity.com/app/25269...01715713905677
    Please note that you will probably get prompted to re-enter your CD Key and your username again. This should restore all your purchases and the full version of the software.

Your personal creations should be maintained, however, we encourage people to make a periodic backup of the FantasyGrounds.app file in Steam just in case. You can find this by right-clicking on the Fantasy Grounds listing in your Game Library and choosing Properties and then Local Files. Save a copy to another location on your hard drive or on another backup source, such as cloud storage or external drives.

There were a few cases where the key was valid but the launcher screen continued to show FREE instead of ULTIMATE. If that is the case, see the steps below:
    I apologize in advance for them be a bit complicated.
    1. Launch FG and click the folder icon to open the Data Folder
    2. Browse up several directories in the Finder window until you reach drive_c and then navigate back down to Program Files\Fantasy Grounds.
    3. On your launch screen, click the Update Available button. This should put it on an intermediate step with another button that says Update. More importantly, it should no longer be running the FantasyGrounds.exe application and is now running the FGUpdaterEngine.exe
    4. Back in your Finder window, delete the FantasyGrounds.exe file
    5. Click the Update button and it should rebuild the FantasyGrounds.exe file

Also you can try the Mac installer here on this website - I believe it is slightly different to the Steam one.
    Please let us know how you get on.

This doesn't apply to the problem I'm reporting, since I had never used Fantasy Grounds previously and the launcher window never appeared.

As I noted, the Mac demo from the website did work. I just wanted to report the problem with the Steam demo because it makes a very bad initial impression for someone who discovers the software via Steam and isn't aware of the website.

Blog Entries
    Sorry might have linked to the wrong post - try this one.

--
    For some reason, the Mac Demo for Fantasy Grounds does not properly load the latest build. To fix this, please follow these steps. If it is working already, you don't need to make any change.

This assumes you already have it installed, but when you launch it, it shows up and then simply disappears from your program bar.

1. Go to your Steam Library and choose Games and then Fantasy Grounds.
    2. Right-click on Fantasy Grounds from your Library and choose Properties
    3. Navigate to the BETAS tab and select the beta build labeled as "preelcapitan". Save and close the Properties windows.
    4. You should see a download running in the background. Wait until this finishes (watch under Manage Downloads if you prefer)
    5. Launch the Fantasy Grounds Demo again. You may receive an X11 error if you are on a newer version of OSX. If you do, close the app and proceed with the following steps.
    6. Return to the properties and BETAS screen and choose Beta of "none"
    7. Wait for this to download and launch the Fantasy Grounds Demo again.
    8. You should see two prompts for new installations - Mono and Gecko. Install both of these.
    9. You should then see the FG launch screen and be all set. Run a Check for Updates to get updated to the most recent version.

Thanks, that did the trick.

Thread Information