DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12

Thread: Savage RIFTS?

Quote Originally Posted by GunbunnyFuFu View Post
    Yeah...little chance of it coming to FG now. That being said, several of us have rolled out various bits and pieces, or in some cases, the entire Tomorrow Legion Player's Guide. With the heavy armor and weapon support of Savage Worlds version 4.6, plus the enhancements to powers so that having two arcane backgrounds isn't as big a deal, Savage Rifts is VERY doable in FG. If you have any questions, let me know. I'm happy to help and give pointers/help walk through how to do it.
    Is there anywhere I can get my hands on these bits & pieces, or is this an "everyone for themselves" kind of situation? I started scoping out the work I thought would be needed to do a complete Rifts adaptation, and it looked pretty large... any steps I could save would be useful, especially considering the general lack of comments in the FG/SW code. (I did find a Savage Rifts extension linked on these forums, but at least to my inexperienced eye, it doesn't seem to actually add anything other than change the graphics elements on the desktop.)

Sadly, it's all copywritten information, making it a "everyone for themselves" situation. I started my module by tearing apart some of the Savage Worlds products.the Sci-Fi Companion if I remember correctly, to see how it was put together. I initially mirrored my Savage Rifts module off it, until later when I gutted the whole thing to redo the layout. It was a good place to start, however. And yeah...Savage Rifts is a large scope..my module currently sits at 22,000 lines of XML, though you can have a functional adaptation for way less lines of XML. You may want to check out the Enhanced Library module for Savage Worlds on FG..it can do a lot of the heavy lifting for you, once you learn how to input the data.
    Ultimate Edition license holder - No License Needed to Play My Games (Need Demo Version of FG Downloaded)

Timezone: Eastern Standard Time (EDT) United States; GMT -4 hours

Game in Progress: AD&D 2e - Against the Zhentarim

Thread Information