STAR TREK 2d20

Recurring error while creating a new campaign

I set up a new development campaign for purposes of creating my Savage Traveller module. Every couple of minutes I get the error dialog box with "Runtime Error: Unable to save file (C:/ProgramData/Fantasy Grounds/campaigns/Savage Traveller dev/moduledb/SW Deluxe Player Guide.xml) - Error (13): Permission denied
    Database Notice: Campaign saved."

This is rather annoying as I have to close the dialog box and re-position my cursor, which could have been in the middle of typing a word in the middle of a paragraph of text I was editing. I don't understand why FG is even trying to save the SW Deluxe Player Guide.

Blog Entries
    It sounds like your windows file system permissions might be wrong.
    If you type /save in the chat window do you get the same error?
    Your work may not be saving right now...

Campaign is being saved. I have been working on this for several day off and on and haven't lost anything I previously entered yet. I've successfully exported the module a couple times as well. Again, it looks to me like the error is because it it trying to save SW Deluxe Player Guide.xml, for which permission should rightly be denied, but then again, it should be read only so I'm confused what FG thinks it needs to save it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by mac40k View Post
    ... it looks to me like the error is because it it trying to save SW Deluxe Player Guide.xml, for which permission should rightly be denied, but then again, it should be read only so I'm confused what FG thinks it needs to save it in the first place.
    This is part of the functionality that allows you to make changes to module data within a campaign only. It doesn't change the base module data, but it allows changes/tweaks within a campaign.

Such module records that have been modified are shown by the book-and-quill icon - info here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...aign_Data_List They can be something as simple as adding a token to a map from a module - this needs to be saved in the module data for the campaign.

To try to fix, when FG is not running - make sure you have full access to the whole FG app data directory - re-apply full control to the whole directory, and make sure it is applied to sub-folders as well.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Some info on how FG pseudo edits module data within a campaign here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post273328
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Trenloe. I combed all the module records in FG and even though I didn't find a single one with the book and quill icon, I went ahead and set the permissions to the app data folder for all users to total control since I am the sole user of my PC. That seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks again!

Thread Information