FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Thanks Trenloe. I figured out how to do what you asked but it still didn't because I had made the second mistake of renaming the tokens folder "Spell Effects". It works fine now. - CD

Blog Entries
    Don't let T.R.E.N.L.O.E's helpfulness fool you. It's accuracy is the give away. It's really an AI computer program bent on taking over the world.

That said, it really is great to have as a member of our community isn't it!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Posted in another thread but this one has been active more recent.

Went through the steps above, all seems to work. Token Mod is read and can be activated. However, random bags are missing...any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cpseudo3 View Post
    Posted in another thread but this one has been active more recent.

Went through the steps above, all seems to work. Token Mod is read and can be activated. However, random bags are missing...any ideas?
    what are the names? dont use special characters in the names.

Went through all the names, no special characters. Most follow a convention like ooze_green_jelly.png. I also compared the names to what is being used in the standard token mods and they match the same style.

Went through all the names, no special characters. Most follow a convention like ooze_green_jelly.png. I also compared the names to what is being used in the standard token mods and they match the same style.
    You said random bags are not showing up; damned was referring to the names that you gave the bags - not the tokens. In a token module you can have folders with tokens in the folders. Those folders become the name of the bag. So if under the main folder you have folders called Birds and Bees then you will have two bags, one named Birds and the other named Bees.

So, what isn't showing up bags with tokens in them or the tokens themselves?

Tokens are named all lower case with no spaces or special characters. So Ooze Green Jelly would be oozegreenjelly.png. If there are special characters in the name such as apostrophes or brackets then those get replaced with an underscore. So Soldier's Pet (Bear) would become soldier_spet_bear_.png.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Tokens are named all lower case with no spaces or special characters. So Ooze Green Jelly would be oozegreenjelly.png. If there are special characters in the name such as apostrophes or brackets then those get replaced with an underscore. So Soldier's Pet (Bear) would become soldier_spet_bear_.png.
    This is PAR5E functionality.

The FG application doesn’t rename token files, or expect a token attached to a creature to be named anything specific. Within FG any token can be added to a creature or encounter.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 11th, 2019 at 11:29.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It can take FG a while to display all of the tokens and token bags, especially if the module has a lot of tokens. Sometimes it’s also necessary to close and re-open the module window.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    This is PAR5E functionality.

The FG application doesn’t rename token files, or expect a token attached to a creature to be named anything specific. Within FG any token can be added to a creature or encounter.
    Haha, well of course. Just as well your here Trenloe and not flying all over the world
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I've followed the OP video, but was not able to make it work on a Mac. I could follow the instructions right up until the zipping up process. There is a built in "compress file" function in Mac OS, and it created a file called "Archive.zip" I renamed it to the name I had specified on the .xml file, and then changed the file type to .mod, but my Fantasy Grounds is not seeing the module. Any advice?

EDIT: I was able to get help on the FG College Discord server, but wanted to post the solution here, in case someone else runs into the same issue that I did. It turns out that Mac OS was appending a hidden .zip to the end of the file, so FG was not able to recognize it as a .mod file. The solution is, before changing the file name, go into Finder/Preferences/Advanced and make sure that "Show all filename extensions" is checked. Thanks to Alex C for the assist!

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 12.23.09 PM.png
    Last edited by Gozer the Gozerian; April 27th, 2019 at 10:28. Reason: Problem fixed

Thread Information