DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Starship computer bonus

need a little clarification on PC starship computer bonuses..
    for my example I am looking at the Starfinder Society Pegasus Tier 2. It has a MK1 Duonode Computer and gives +1 for any 2 checks per round and a +2 computer bonus.

Does this +2 computer bonus come from the +1/+1 part of the duonode ? or does it come from somewhere else ?

and how does this work ? does the +1 stack to the +2 ?

thanks for any replies

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

The +2 to computers is separate. I believe it comes from the sensors. You can stack the bonuses if you choose to have the computer help the science officer during combat.
    A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, stab it in the back.

Yeah, the description in the rulebook isn't very clear on this.

EDIT: The +1/+1 from the Starship computer is basically a "bonus to one or more starship combat checks per round" - not just computer checks, it can be used for piloting, gunnery, etc..

EDIT #2: The "Modifiers "+2 Computers" in this case is from the sensors and should only be used for sensor related rolls.
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 26th, 2018 at 14:09.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

thanks for the information everyone it helps . appreciate the replies.

EDIT: I have been looking more into this and Trenloe in my example I was using a PC ship . I am pretty sure now the +2 comes from the Sensor bonus as Gwaihir mentioned. So what I can find out about this particular modifier is it can only be used as a computer bonus by the science officer only if using the sensors.. does this sound right .. ?
    Last edited by Octavious; March 26th, 2018 at 05:17.

*************** The only constant in the universe is change. *****************

Quote Originally Posted by Octavious View Post
    I have been looking more into this and Trenloe in my example I was using a PC ship . I am pretty sure now the +2 comes from the Sensor bonus as Gwaihir mentioned. So what I can find out about this particular modifier is it can only be used as a computer bonus by the science officer only if using the sensors.. does this sound right .. ?
    Yes, I believe you're correct.

It is the "Crew" section of the startship stats that includes NPC skill totals (including ranks). Which are not listed for PC ships.

A side note: the PC ships in the Startfinder Society guide need the pilot's skill ranks adding to AC and TL. Whereas the ships in the core book have the NPC crew ranks added to AC and TL.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information