DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

So I spend $150 and I cant even connect to my own server to see what my players see!

WTF People - I get a license error running FG twice on the same machine connection via 127.0.0.1 what is wrong with you people!

I spend all this money and I cant even emulate what my players see!

Try connecting to “localhost” as the server address.

JPG

127.0.0.1 is localhost, so that should have worked. There's something else going on.

As an aside, if you're this upset, ask for a refund. Smiteworks wants it's customers to be happy, and you're obviously way past that.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Blog Entries
    Word of advice, if you think you should be able to do something with FG but can't figure out how, and you can't find it in the manual (I don't think this one is in the manual) or the forums, just ask ask nicely on the forums and people will be glad to help.

For example, Using the Site Search function for "Player View" the top two links will give the solution Moon Wizard gave you; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post264109 & https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post321003

I myself love the Site Search function (It's just a custom Google search) and find it much more friendly than the forum search, but each to their own.

Game on, have fun!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dberkompas View Post
    127.0.0.1 is localhost, so that should have worked. There's something else going on.
    I'm pretty sure it's in the FG code, it doesn't use the host file/Windows to allow the functionality, so the IP doesn't work where "localhost" will.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

(Or use a second computer using the demo version, and use your internal IP)

I've had tremendous luck with that, using a mixture of Windows 10 machines and Macs.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Ive used 127.0.0.1 before and it works. I might suspect its a firewall (antivirus) somewhere having issue
    "When questing once in noble wood of gray medieval pine, I came upon a tomb, rain-slicked, rubbed cool, ethereal, its inscription long vanished, yet still within its melancholy fissures."

Quote Originally Posted by bluedreamer View Post
    WTF People - I get a license error running FG twice on the same machine connection via 127.0.0.1 what is wrong with you people!

I spend all this money and I cant even emulate what my players see!
    I do it all the time. I would esquire more but damn is this the worst approach I have seen with someone "asking" for help.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    I would esquire more but damn is this the worst approach I have seen with someone "asking" for help.
    He doesn't want help, he wants to complain for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Andraax View Post
    He doesn't want help, he wants to complain for some reason.
    Agreed. They have not been on the forums since they made that post - so obviously not actually seeking help.

The previous posts from this user weren't very constructive either (to say the least).
    Last edited by Trenloe; March 28th, 2018 at 16:11.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information