STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    My players still use this extension some of the time to target, so I've updated it to fix the deprecated messages the players were getting in the chat window (and console).
    The .ext in the 1st post has been updated to be v0.5 and is designed for FGU. The extension has been completely rewritten to bring more into line with the way the combat tracker is currently structured. It's built upon CoreRPG (I only test with 5E but it might ok for some other rule sets).

There are plenty of built-in ways for players to select or deselect targets
    i) Ctrl-leftclick on an entry in the combat tracker (this is standard)
    ii) Ctrl-leftclick on a token on the battlemap (this is standard). If you have several tokens to control leftclick the appropriate token 1st to select it (this is standard).

This extension adds some additional things (inside a DM-like targeting sub-section)
    iii) a button on the player side to clear all targets
    iv) a player way to target by dragging and dropping the targeting cross-hair onto an entry in the combat tracker.
    v) a player way to target by dragging and dropping the targeting cross-hair onto a token on the battlemap.
    vi) a player can deselect an individual target using a leftclick on the small icons in the combat tracker targeting subsection.
    Last edited by Steeleyes; March 5th, 2024 at 01:08.

Very nice! Will this be making it to the forge?

Quote Originally Posted by nephranka View Post
    It should be really for everyone's convenience. Forge wasn't even a thing when the app was created in 2018, but I'll take a look and see what it would take to upload it.

Cool. I am not sure why this is not a thing in the base game. It seems very helpful for the players.

This extension is available through Fantasy Grounds Forge now.
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1666/view

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleyes View Post
    This extension is available through Fantasy Grounds Forge now.
    https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1666/view
    Very cool. Thank you.

I was wondering if you are able to give this to any "friendly" on the CT? We have cohorts and they don't get the new targeting options. We use the friend zone to add them to the CT. It may be out of the scope of this ext but I thought I would ask.

I was wondering if you are able to give this to any "friendly" on the CT? We have cohorts and they don't get the new targeting options. We use the friend zone to add them to the CT. It may be out of the scope of this ext but I thought I would ask.
    Yes I think that can be done. This would allow players to change another friendly PC's targeting (as well as cohorts) but I think that's ok and the DM can dissuade this behaviour if they feel strongly about it. We just need to wait for the upload of v0.6 and description to be approved in Forge.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleyes View Post
    Yes I think that can be done. This would allow players to change another friendly PC's targeting (as well as cohorts) but I think that's ok and the DM can dissuade this behaviour if they feel strongly about it. We just need to wait for the upload of v0.6 and description to be approved in Forge.
    That is cool. I would think there would not be much by way of pcs interfering with each others targeting. With how many use cohorts I am sure this is a nice QoL improvement. Thanks for taking it under consideration.

So v0.6 is now live on Forge (this version allows players target access for any friendly token on the combat tracker).

Thread Information