FG Spreadshirt Swag

Tutorial How To Import/Creat New Rulestes of games not already installed?

Can someone link a tutorial for creating new rulestes from games like Feng Shui 2?

It would be hundreds of hours of software development time to do so. You might look at using MoreCore to get what you need.

I thought Fantasy Grounds was made to accept almost any RPG? Or am I thinking Roll20?

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Igthorn View Post
    I thought Fantasy Grounds was made to accept almost any RPG? Or am I thinking Roll20?
    The difference here is that yes, you can play almost any RPG in Fantasy Grounds, but if you want lots of automation specific to an individual RPG system, then you're going to have to code for that RPG system.

As Andraax mentions - look at MoreCore (he has a link in this post above). This is designed to allow you to play many different RPGs.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Well Feng Shui literally only uses like 1 mechanic. 1d6 (positive) - 1d6 (negative), the number from that roll adds to a value and that is it. Is that by chance in the base game?

Blog Entries
    There is a difference between a "ruleset" and being able to play any game system, such as Feng Shui 2, in FG.

There are several "generic" rulesets available with FG that allows you to play any game system you want. These generic systems are "CoreRPG" (included with FG), and "MoreCore" and "DOECore" (in beta) that are community extensions and free.

Using one of the generic systems, each player can create a character, roll dice, and record results. i.e. you can play any system.

With a custom ruleset (like D&D 5E, Pathfinder, etc), FG knows how to automate things; such as how attack rolls are against armor class, how damage is applied to hit points, and effects like prone, poisoned, etc impact the game mechanics.

So, when Andraax suggests MoreCore, he's saying you go check out that community ruleset, and inside it you can create (through the user interface) a character sheet for your players to use. It will be somewhat generic, and what know the game mechanics, but will have all the fields you need to record information etc.

For example, I'm currently a player in a Star Frontiers game. We use DORCore for it (originally we used CoreRPG). And it really isn't a big deal. We have our character sheets setup with attack rolls, damage, inventory, skills (with rolls), stats, etc. But, when an attack is made against a target, FG doesn't know if it's a hit or miss, but we can see the rolls in chat and can easily say hit or miss. And damage we have to manually change our health (stamina in this game). Really not a big deal, just like if we were playing with pencil and paper.

If that's not enough, you can then create a theme for MoreCore (or CoreRPG or DORCore) that has a custom character sheet that graphically looks the way you want it to and has icons and chat boxes and windows that have a look and feel that fits your game. But a theme requires you do some coding in XML and LUA. It's the easiest customization you can do and is perhaps 20-100 hours of work, depending.

Creating a custom ruleset, that not only has the look and feel, but also knows the game mechanics, takes hundred or maybe thousands of hours of coding in XML and LUA to create, and usually is only done for one own's love of the system and desire to create such a thing. It's never necessary.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    MoreCore includes a Feng Shui style dice roll for Qin the Warring States but it uses 2d10 for the mechanic

You can see that it matches pairs as a critical success except 00/00 (or 10/10 as Fantasy Grounds uses) which is a Critical Fail and also reports whether the dice where in the Yin or Yang.

I could recode a /fengshui roll but I would need to know exactly how it is used and how it should report.

mc-qin.jpg

Blog Entries
    You will see the MoreCore Character Sheet is quite flexible out of the box. You can create rolls, drag and drop rolls, target with rolls.
    You can track Spell Points and Hero Points etc.

Couple of Videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbWs7Lw9aXg and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8M48Pqb0BM

mc-sample.jpg

Feng Shui 2 uses Nexus: The Infinite City mechanics, but tweaked the dice mechanic a bit more. (Nexus is the game the parent game of both versions of Feng Shui)

I asked on the More Core thread to put in a Nexus (Feng Shui 1st edition) die rolling option and a Feng Shui 2 one.

The Feng Shui 2 dice mechanic has one other thing that wasn't mentioned that I'll cover in the differences between the two edition of Feng Shui dice rolling.

The difference of the dice mechanics between the various versions are:

Nexus & Feng Shui (1st edition) one d6 is positive and 2nd d 6 is negative. a 6 is roll again and add to result (exploding dice)

Feng Shui 2 is the same but add that if you get a double 6 (6 on positive and on negative die at the same time) something unusually happens with the outcome. so you'll need a way to indicate that if double 6 do get rolled to indicate this.

Blog Entries
    Jay_NOLA if you wanted to go into these in some more detail again including examples I think I might have some ways to do these now.

Thread Information