Starfinder Playlist

Question about hamachi

So I found myself in a pickle earlier today trying to run my FG game when I realized I didn't have access to the router to setup the port forwarding that was required for hosting, and my VPN doesn't allow me to get around that (I use PIA), and the few other options i tried didn't have any positive results either, in a pinch I had to pull up an old freebie roll20 acct to run the maps / minis / die rolling for people so we didn't have to scrub the game while I referred to my notes in the FG client. Obviously this is less than optimal so i'd prefer to just run things in the better of the two VTT options, fantasy grounds, and the best option I can seem to see here is hamachi.

My concern however is that hamachi being GM + 4 players, whether I may not be able to get the 5th player into the mix with the free version. Now normally, that would be an obvious "no", but the 5th player (my wife) is on the local lan here with me, so then would that mean I could run hamachi and have the other 4 people connect through that IP while my wife connected over the local non hamachi ip? I planned to test it out, but figured asking here first might help shed some light on the subject and whether there's another better solution to pursue instead.

Blog Entries
    Heya Grimaxe your wife can connect to the LAN IP address and that should be fine.
    However for other players and anyone else in this situation the Hamachi instructions I posted include a work around for 5+ players.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    Heya Grimaxe your wife can connect to the LAN IP address and that should be fine.
    However for other players and anyone else in this situation the Hamachi instructions I posted include a work around for 5+ players.
    Ah ok thanks, that must be the part about creating multiple networks? I must of fogged over that in my sleep addled daze haha.

Thread Information