STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Thank you for the videos on the Savage Worlds ruleset! I am currently exploring the system and the Deadlands setting for game set in the Wild West and looking for Sci-Fi one for another adventure. Having videos that demonstrate the functionality and the richness of a ruleset is definitely something that speeds up the purchase of a product. While 10 USD are not much for the foundation ruleset, when I start adding settings and other modules, the price goes up pretty fast. The decisions must be informed, rather than a leap of fate
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

Awesome videos! Thanks! Are there any plans to add more, or update with new ruleset versions?

I have been asked to make a chase video, basically I tend to make them for updates to SW ruleset and when asked to shows how to do stuff.

Glad you like them.

Please make suggestions for more!
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    I have been asked to make a chase video, basically I tend to make them for updates to SW ruleset and when asked to shows how to do stuff.

Glad you like them.

Please make suggestions for more!
    Chase would be awesome! Also, as I mentioned in another thread, how about a video that covered some combat scenarios showing detailed usage of your explanation of the Frenzy attack and how different versions would work in FG. The ruleset gets a little confusing when we discuss Frenzy, so it would be great to describe it a little deeper and make it understandable.

Thanks again the fantastic videos!
    -Vaughn

Another SWADE video idea would be Dramatic Tasks, and also Mass Battles. Covering how they're handled by SWADE rules and how to incorporate them in Fantasy Grounds would be awesome!

I too want to say thank you for the videos. You really do have a talent to explain clearly and it helps me a great deal. I have an ask. I would love to see a video on automating in SWADE. How to automate certain actions using [ ...] writing. I'm trying to automate as much as possible and some commands are not easy to understand...some I dont even know if they exist since I was never able to find a complete list of the commands. I did check out the one that Ikael did but some I just cant find like multiply...example (1d4 X 10 hours) how can I do multiply. Stuff of this nature would be great. Thank you.

Hey Doswelk, a huge thank you for your Savage video tutorials on SW(ADE), they've been extremely helpful. If your offer to make new videos still stands, I'd like to delve a bit into creating a Savage setting. Not just making a module for FG, there's plenty of videos about that, but rather how to tailor and implement a setup for your setting, and all the hidden menus. I'm thinking about something along the lines of your custom skills for weapons video, where you show how to use the combat skill double handed.
    Last edited by Tommycore; April 17th, 2020 at 12:59.

Quote Originally Posted by YamaShintaku View Post
    Another SWADE video idea would be Dramatic Tasks, and also Mass Battles. Covering how they're handled by SWADE rules and how to incorporate them in Fantasy Grounds would be awesome!
    Dramatic Tasks please

I'd love to see a video on dramatic tasks and mass battles. Especially if mass battles uses chillhelm's extension.
    Thank you Doswelk for the videos you've already done!

Quote Originally Posted by Doswelk View Post
    A little history....

Over the years I have made videos on Savage Worlds for Fantasy Grounds and posted them on YouTube, I started this due to a competition run by Smiteworks (make a video about Fantasy Grounds, stick it up on YouTube, at the end of the month the video with the most hits, won an Ultimate License) which I won.

I found I actually enjoyed making the videos and have carried on over the years, I only have 169 subscribers (thank you Pepor for subscribing as I typed the first draft of this) but I was recognised (by my voice) at Gen Con 2010 by people who were fans of my channel, which as a Brit on my own in another country was awesome.

Over the years I have asked for suggestions and questions for videos and I have had a few responses, but I feel I could do more, so I have decided I'd post a thread here on the Fantasy Grounds website in the Savage Worlds Forums and "abuse" my power as a moderator to make it sticky.

What I want to do is use this thread as a place where people can ask questions and I'll make videos to show visually the answers, in addition any suggestions or things you have noticed that have changed in Fantasy Grounds that make my videos incorrect and out of date please post and I'll make more videos.

The videos will be focused on Savage Worlds on Fantasy Grounds, other people on this site have made much better rule set independent videos and I urge you to watch them first, once you get how Fantasy Grounds works or find something in those videos that the Savage Worlds rule set does differently please come here and ask.

I have posted today the first part of a 4.6 update video where I cover Heavy Weapons, Heavy Armour, Combat Tracker changes and can be found here: https://youtu.be/epT_4rmXPJ4

Phantom Whale and Ikael have made an awesome rule set for Fantasy Grounds over the years and without them I'd not have any content for my YouTube channel, so I'd like to thank them for all the hard work.

Current Videos (4.6 onwards)

Savage Worlds 4.6 Ruleset Part 1

Savage Worlds 4.6 Ruleset Part 2

Combat Demo

Quick Answers - Videos that answer a specific question

How to specify a custom Fighting skill for an attack

"Fanning the hammer" - how to create a sub-attack with 2-6 die rolls + wild die

[Currently requested videos]

None at the moment
    Could you add the Chase demo to the top post please Doswelk

Thread Information