FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last

Savage Worlds Fantasy Grounds Videos.

A little history....

Over the years I have made videos on Savage Worlds for Fantasy Grounds and posted them on YouTube, I started this due to a competition run by Smiteworks (make a video about Fantasy Grounds, stick it up on YouTube, at the end of the month the video with the most hits, won an Ultimate License) which I won.

I found I actually enjoyed making the videos and have carried on over the years, I only have 169 subscribers (thank you Pepor for subscribing as I typed the first draft of this) but I was recognised (by my voice) at Gen Con 2010 by people who were fans of my channel, which as a Brit on my own in another country was awesome.

Over the years I have asked for suggestions and questions for videos and I have had a few responses, but I feel I could do more, so I have decided I'd post a thread here on the Fantasy Grounds website in the Savage Worlds Forums and "abuse" my power as a moderator to make it sticky.

What I want to do is use this thread as a place where people can ask questions and I'll make videos to show visually the answers, in addition any suggestions or things you have noticed that have changed in Fantasy Grounds that make my videos incorrect and out of date please post and I'll make more videos.

The videos will be focused on Savage Worlds on Fantasy Grounds, other people on this site have made much better rule set independent videos and I urge you to watch them first, once you get how Fantasy Grounds works or find something in those videos that the Savage Worlds rule set does differently please come here and ask.

I have posted today the first part of a 4.6 update video where I cover Heavy Weapons, Heavy Armour, Combat Tracker changes and can be found here: https://youtu.be/epT_4rmXPJ4

Phantom Whale and Ikael have made an awesome rule set for Fantasy Grounds over the years and without them I'd not have any content for my YouTube channel, so I'd like to thank them for all the hard work.

Current Videos (4.6 onwards)

Savage Worlds 4.6 Ruleset Part 1

Savage Worlds 4.6 Ruleset Part 2

Combat Demo

Chase Demo

Quick Answers - Videos that answer a specific question

How to specify a custom Fighting skill for an attack

"Fanning the hammer" - how to create a sub-attack with 2-6 die rolls + wild die

[Currently requested videos]

None at the moment
    Last edited by Doswelk; April 24th, 2021 at 13:37.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thanks a lot for the video. It's very useful and it's great to see some great enhancements.
    BTW I am one of your followers on YouTube.
    One video that I think would be great is to simulate a combat using all the possible functionalities. Including multiple attacks, i mean 3 attacks with one wild die only and how to treat that when targeting 2 or more opponents. (eg fanning the hammer in Deadlands).
    Showing gang up, cones and burst pointers when dealing with powers and do on. Effects and modifiers Windows.
    Would be great to show my players.
    Last edited by dragonheels; March 16th, 2018 at 17:50.
    Ultimate license holder
    Pref : Cthulhu and savage Worlds

Quote Originally Posted by dragonheels View Post
    Thanks a lot for the video. It's very useful and it's great to see some great enhancements.
    BTW I am one of your followers on YouTube.
    One video that I think would be great is to simulate a combat using all the possible functionalities. Including multiple attacks, i mean 3 attacks with one wild die only and how to treat that when targeting 2 or more opponents. (eg fanning the hammer in Deadlands).
    Showing gang up, cones and burst pointers when dealing with powers and do on. Effects and modifiers Windows.
    Would be great to show my players.
    Hello dragonheels and thank you for responding my first request how can I say no!

I am currently finishing off part 2 of the 4.6 video this is taking longer than expected as I keep finding bugs

I did a combat video a few versions back you are right it does need updating...
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

I have always enjoyed your videos, but prior to yesterday had not subscribed. When I first started reading your OP, I was afraid it was going to lead to you saying you were done with such a thankless task. So happy that I was wrong! Subscribed now and looking forward to part 2 of your latest series.

Blog Entries
    I would love to see a video that is not strictly about teh FG side of things (but ou would be demonstrating in FG so it would still be FG helpful) on how players can maximise their combat effectiveness...

I am curious if power armor can add toughness I have tried and failed. I would also like to be able to set a strength die to it some thing like Armor +5 Toughness +3 (this is to show a more durable tech base) and some thing like strength d12+2.

Quote Originally Posted by Baufrin View Post
    I am curious if power armor can add toughness I have tried and failed. I would also like to be able to set a strength die to it some thing like Armor +5 Toughness +3 (this is to show a more durable tech base) and some thing like strength d12+2.
    Hello,

[Toughness +3] will add three toughness to the armor when resisting damage in the combat tracker, at this time you cannot make the strength d12+2 but you can add dice to strength using e.g. +2d to increase by two die steps.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Anxiously awaiting more videos. The 4.6 video is the bees knees. I also agree with above, any combat videos are appreciated. I'm new to SW, and trying to teach my group as I learn :fail:

Just downloaded update and works now. for Toughness is there a way to do multiple effects? I.E. like strength and toughness?

Quote Originally Posted by Baufrin View Post
    Just downloaded update and works now. for Toughness is there a way to do multiple effects? I.E. like strength and toughness?
    Yes: [Toughness +3, Strength +2d, Agility +3d]

Also in the next 4.6 update you can assign a value to a stat [Strength =xd] where 'x' is a number:

[Strength = 1d] ==> d4
    [Strength = 3d] ==> d8
    [Strength = 7d] ==> d12+2
    Last edited by Doswelk; March 22nd, 2018 at 08:07.

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.

Thread Information