DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Individual XP Awards

Is there a way to award XP to specific individuals?

I know the workaround is delete all but the individuals in question off the party sheet, award the XP, then re-add the deleted PCs back. This is too cumbersome.

The other workaround is modifying the PC's XP directly on the character sheet. Also, too cumbersome.

Blog Entries
    Make an award call it whatever you want and assign the XP amount. Drag that xp field to the character's do total in the party sheet. It will assign the XP amount just to the PC in question.

I do this all the time to encourage players showing up and being ready to play on time, not 20 minutes late, also to reward good role play and/or being consistent with their character even though that means they pass something up.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Never knew that could be done. Thx.

This does not appear to work (for Me at least) in Unity.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    This does not appear to work (for Me at least) in Unity.
    Please let us know exactly what doesn't work. In general, using the methods outlines above, I've been able to do this in past builds. Please provide steps you are doing/trying and screen shots if they would help explain.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Please let us know exactly what doesn't work. In general, using the methods outlines above, I've been able to do this in past builds. Please provide steps you are doing/trying and screen shots if they would help explain.
    Refering to the 3 posts in this thread, and from other forum threads I've read on the subject I understood that in classic FG a DM could drag xp to a character sheet to add it to that character instead of sharing in the party window.
    I tried dragging an XP award to a player character sheet and nothing happened. That is all. No big deal, just FYI. I just added the Xp in the Class&Level window for the character using math.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwolfe View Post
    Refering to the 3 posts in this thread, and from other forum threads I've read on the subject I understood that in classic FG a DM could drag xp to a character sheet to add it to that character instead of sharing in the party window.
    I tried dragging an XP award to a player character sheet and nothing happened. That is all. No big deal, just FYI. I just added the Xp in the Class&Level window for the character using math.
    You can drag the XP award from a quest or encounter - but you have to drag it to the XP field, not just the character sheet. The easiest place to do this is the PC XP field in the "XP" tab of the party sheet (assuming the PC has been added to the party sheet), or you can drag to the XP field within the Class & Level window of that PC.

And, if you don't want to do the maths for ad-hoc rewards, type the XP award in the Modifier stack (bottom left, below the chat window) and drag/drop that number to the XP field - it'll be added to the XP already there.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    You can drag the XP award from a quest or encounter - but you have to drag it to the XP field, not just the character sheet. The easiest place to do this is the PC XP field in the "XP" tab of the party sheet (assuming the PC has been added to the party sheet), or you can drag to the XP field within the Class & Level window of that PC.
    Okay, you know that moment when the light bulb goes off?
    I was dragging the cube icon, the thing you can drag and drop anywhere else, I was using that to drag and drop. Realized that dragging the actual number from the XP window is what works.
    Again, that You for all the quick responses.

-derp.
    Last edited by Blackwolfe; September 3rd, 2020 at 20:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    And, if you don't want to do the maths for ad-hoc rewards, type the XP award in the Modifier stack (bottom left, below the chat window) and drag/drop that number to the XP field - it'll be added to the XP already there.
    THIS WORKED pretty neato. Never would have thought of that one. Thank You.

Thread Information