Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

LFP Pathfinder Grand Campaign

Let me start with the template then I will go into a large tangent below it.

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: Pathfinder 1st Edition

Time Zone: Eastern
    Day of week and time: 1st Saturday of the Month with extra games to be determined by players.
    If new game, planned start date: To be determined ideally 1st Saturday of June or earlier
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Planned Duration is a minimum of 1 year with a minimum of frequency of 1 game a month, with opportunities for more gaming in between (this will be explained below).
    Term: This Homemade Campaign is designed to go on for 1 year at a minimum with other campaigns bound to happen in the same setting after.

Text or Voice: Mixture, Voice for most things but there will be plenty of opportunity to have some text based things going on as well.
    Voice software used: Discord

Roleplay & Combat mix: Depends on the sessions. The monthly sessions will pretty much entirely be 100% roleplay, we might have a few combat scenarios thrown in, but the side adventures will be up to other the feel of the adventure.
    Number of Players in game & needed: This is where it gets fun. I am one of the Story Tellers (I use this term here over game master as we are looking for multiple Story Tellers) and I have a couple of interested players, 1 for sure. I am looking for 2 more people to help fill the Story Teller roles (It is preferable if you have an Ultimate or Full License as you will help run side adventures) as well as a total of 20 Players.

Character starting level & equipment: Characters will be starting out at Level 10, with the restrictions below. We will be dealing with Mythic Levels as well, and fairly shortly after you start off.

Character restrictions: This campaign is based in Golarion year 4909 AR. We are sticking to strictly Paizo Content. I am allowing for any playable race from the bestiaries (obviously as well as core) and advanced race guide provided they are not advanced races.

Even though the game starts off almost 200 years after our current Golarion date, we will still be using Emerging Firearms.

All official paizo classes are playable.

Each character needs to somehow be associated to one of the major deities, and we can only have one character per deity. What I mean by this is that each player will have a Patron Deity, someone who specifically choose them out of everyone in the world to be their champion (will get into greater details about this in the details of the scenario). This person doesn't have to worship that Deity to become the Deity's champion, but it does help if you uphold some of the core values that deity believes in. This is why we are looking for 20 players as there are 20 major deities. I will list the ones currently available below and edit it as we get players involved and locked into roles.

I need background story for your character. Here are the bare minimums I will be looking for. Three Greatest Moments (to your character) of your character's life. These can be details of the epic adventure where your character slew a dragon just to steal his horde, or the time you turned a small village into your own personal slaves (Because yes good and evil characters are welcomed here, after all not all the deities are good aligned). Maybe it was the time you stood as right hand man to a king or sat on a grand council. You are level 10 Characters I want to know what your character did to get there. Three Worst Moments of your character's life. Success is a vital in a character's experience pool but just as important or the times your character triumphed are the time your character failed. What are the three failures your character had in his life. Be creative you have 10 levels to play with here and endless possibilities. In the end you are making a character worthy of a deity wanting to call you champion.

Details of your scenario:

Rumors of Aroden's return have begun spreading through out Golarion as clerics and paladins have had their divine connection with the God restored. Could this be the turning into the Age of Glory that was supposed to happen over 300 years ago? A council of what have been dubbed as the Divine Elite have met together for the first time in Absalom and they have recently sent word throughout the world looking for 20 individuals that have been named through their meeting. What could the Gods want with these 20 men? Only time will tell.

"The first council of the Divine Elite has assembled and the outcome of that is to invite you to be the champion of a deity in an upcoming Divine Competition. Champions from all over Golarion are being called upon to meet at the second council of the Divine to be hosted the first Oathday of Arodus at the Starstone Cathedral where you will meet your fellow champions and be sworn into the competition. You will also learn your patron deity, and the patron deities of the rest."

Extra Information:

So I created this campaign concept after a combination of things happened the first is me finding out about Pathfinder 2nd Edition. Every time I created a campaign for Pathfinder it would be set in a new area in an ever expanding universe that was somehow still coinciding with each other. For 2nd Edition I thought I would change that. Now instead of all my campaigns being set in a new area I would like to bring them back to a smaller area, one common setting to play off of, where people's actions affected the world and every campaign after, or even during as I tend to get to the point where I run multiple games at the same time. I decided that this campaign would kick off that world in a blaze of glory, with the most epic campaign I could possibly come up with. The basic premise so far sounds a little lack luster but there is a lot of information that isn't being stated to the player yet.

The game play style is something I've been wanting to experiment with this for a while. The way this game is going to be set up is we have a monthly get together with all the players, or most of the players depending on scheduling issues as well as character availability and from there these players will work together to find possible adventures here about the world and take action while trying to further their status in the council. Whether it is retrieving a lost artifact from an unknown dungeon, starting a war between two nations or taking down a corrupt lord of a city without causing a power vacuum the adventures will be there to be had and participate in.

This is an evolving game play for me, it is a style I thought would be great with players in real life as the monthly get together could be done through a LARP meetup but I have quickly come to the realization I need more players than I know in my town so there might be some evolution to the game mechanics (Like how we handle the monthly game session, I have some ideas to help simulate that experience but we might go a different route instead.)

If you have any questions feel free to post them below, through distractions while typing this long post I have lost my train of thought so I am sure I am leaving stuff out. If you are interested in either playing or assisting with the Story Telling (and creation I don't have everything fleshed out yet) let me know below or through PMs.

Available Deities:

Abadar
    Asmodeus
    Calistria
    Cayden Cailean
    Desna
    Erastil
    Gorum
    Gozreh
    Iomedae
    Irori
    Lamashtu
    Nethys
    Norgorber
    Pharasma
    Rovagug
    Sarenrae
    Shelyn
    Torag
    Urgathoa
    Zon-Kuthon

Gaara just helped me come up with a way to make the idea of this game a little clearer. The premise of this game is that there will be a Role Play Hub where STs and players can form smaller adventures that will have an overall effect on the overarching plot arc of the series. There will rarely be a time until towards the end that we will have all 20 people in a single group, and even if we do it would be divided into 3 smaller sub sections all working a different part of the same adventure.
    Last edited by SKarate; March 19th, 2018 at 07:53. Reason: Another Deity Chosen

I'd be interested in joining the game. Have some experience with pathfinder, and looking for a game that wil hopefully last for a while.

I too would be very interested in this. My campaign just got dropped due to some unforeseen problems on the GMs end. So I am completely free right now

I may be interested in this game as well, depending on when it runs on Saturday- ideally an 8:00 pm start time but I am flexible. I am EST time zone and have experience with pathfinder- though I am a bit more familiar with 3.5. A few times a month game would be a good fit for my schedule.

im interested, my current campaign, that im playing for 8 month already, got froozen for some weeks. so im looking for an alternative. got 8 month expierience with pathfinder so far, and recently got the rulebooks.

Hey guys, for some reason my notifications stopped after the first one. I am super excited about all of the positive response I am getting from this and we look to be getting closer than I originally realized to the ideal player size I want. I will posit a link to the discord for more immediate contact for all who are interested. The biggest hurdle I could see currently is needing more STs, but I might have some people who would be willing to help if push came to shove.

https://discord.gg/ds34ZHm

Also added a note to help clarify what the premise of the campaign is to the end of the primary post.
    Last edited by SKarate; March 18th, 2018 at 19:22.

Just curious about how stats are done point buy etc, if it is standard gold, and if templates can be put on character for example people that want to do undead etc

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SKarate View Post
    Hey guys, for some reason my notifications stopped after the first one. I am super excited about all of the positive response I am getting from this and we look to be getting closer than I originally realized to the ideal player size I want. I will posit a link to the discord for more immediate contact for all who are interested. The biggest hurdle I could see currently is needing more STs, but I might have some people who would be willing to help if push came to shove.

https://discord.gg/ds34ZHm

Also added a note to help clarify what the premise of the campaign is to the end of the primary post.
    The notification email says something like this:

There may also be other replies, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the forum again.

So yes you will only receive one notification on the first reply until you visit again.

I'd definitely like to hear more on this, and see how I can get involved.

Thanks Damned. I completely missed that line.

As far as how you can get involved we still have player slots and st slots available just let me know what kind of role you are interested in.

Thread Information