STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

LFP Starfinder One-Shot(s) (possibly regular)

FG License: Ultimate
    Game System: Starfinder

Time Zone: GMT+1 (but if the session takes place on the weekend, other timezones can be accommodated)
    Day of week and time: Probably Saturday afternoon if multiple timezones are involved, otherwise during the week in the evening (maybe 6.30 PM)
    If new game, planned start date: If there is enough interest, this weekend, otherwise the next week
    Planned Duration & Frequency: Approximately three hours, one-shot
    Term: One-shot (but could develop into something more regularly, see below)

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Probably Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: 50/50
    Number of Players in game & needed: 0, 3-6 players needed
    Character starting level & equipment: Level 1, 1,000 Credits (for story reasons, characters should be able to carry their equipment)
    Character restrictions: Core and legacy races, neutral or good alignments and characters capable of being part of a team shouldn't be a problem. Alien Archive Races are possible as long as it they are reasonable, everything else should be discussed on an individual basis.

Details of your scenario:
    The szenario will be based on a third-party adventure (Rude Awakening), though it will be slightly modified to make better use of the official material.

As the name suggests, do not expect a gentle awakening. Expect Klaxons.

Primarily, this one shot will be for people who want to try out Starfinder but haven't had (enough) opportunity to do so. As the characters are level 1, do not expect to save the world. You should worry about your own skin. It is more tutorial than boss battle.

I will also try to include a space combat but be aware that this will have to be handled manually as it isn't automated yet.

New GM:
    This will be my first time both GMing and playing Starfinder, so I do not expect that it will go smoothly. Please be patient if there are some hiccups and please do not expect the best game ever. Also, do not expect the most poetic descriptions of doors or other furniture you have ever heard. I will try to GM the best I can but I will make mistakes.

Therefore, I would also appreciate it if someone familiar with the rules could also participate - in order to tell me the many things I'm doing wrong (preferably after the session).

Future plans: If the one-shot does relatively well I could also run either Into the Unknown or Incident at Absalom Station, split into different three-hour parts.

Syrinscape (experimental): I would try to run the game with background music and sound effects from Syrinscape - either using VLC or the Minion Player.

Link to Gamecalendar page: Game Calendar (now added for further reach)

Necessary addendum: Life can always get in the way but if you can't make it to the session please inform me so the others can start the game on time
    Last edited by stephan_; March 17th, 2018 at 18:05.

Hey Stephan.
    Great initiative. Could always use more GMs running starfinder.
    I'd be happy to take part in the one shot to help promote the system.
    Played a little bit already.
    I might be available in the early parts of this Saturday, and otherwise during next week, like Monday or Wednesday. GMT+2 here.
    Looking forward to seeing more interest.

Thanks.

I'd be glad to have you on board.

Yes, most of the (few) Starfinder games seem to be pretty long-term campaigns, making it difficult to just try out the system.

We'll see how many more show up but once we have three or four we can lock in a specific date. Saturday or Monday would work for me.

As there doesn't seem to be a lot of demand for Starfinder at the moment, I'll probably run a 5E game in the meantime.

I'd nonetheless be happy to run the game (also with only three players), so should anyone stumble upon this post in the next days or weeks, please leave a message so that I can attempt to organize something.

I think fewer people follow the one-shot subforum, as opposed to the LFG one, and if you were to post a game there as well as the calendar there'd be more awareness.
    Also possibly people would be keener on an ongoing game (modules/AP)
    Good luck !

Thanks for the tips.

It should already be in the calender but people seem to focus on the LFG forum.

I agree that people would prefer an ongoing game but with my limited experience I would feel safer trying out one-shots first (especially with the possibility of having to interrupt the schedule due to the easter holidays). I'll look into the complexity of Incident at Absalom Station though and if it isn't too difficult, I'll propose to run that at least (posted in the LFG forum).

Are you still looking for players for a one-shot game?

Sure!

I'd be happy to run the one-shot (for three or possibly also two players).

What are your preferred times?

Preferably late Saturday after 4pm or early Sunday before 1pm central time.

If I get my timezones straight, I should be able to make it Sundays before 1 pm CST. For me, it would even be possible tomorrow. Artaron probably won't be able to make that time however, so we might have to look for a different date.

I can't make any promises for next weekend yet as there is a chance that I'll be visiting relatives at that time.

I'm currently also looking at Incident at Absalom Station. If it's not too difficult, I will post a thread in the regular LFG forum (as there might be more interest for a longer game).

Thread Information