5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 4 of 4 First ... 234
    Yeah, that's a no-go on the modem replacement. I asked if I could get my own personal modem (like I do for cable companies) and they would not allow it. However, the VPN is an option and I already have a fortigate 60D with VPN option. Think i will toss a public ip on that and see if the VPN works.

By the time this is figured out, FGU will be released and wont be an issue anyways? At least I hope. If not the 60D might be the solution I need and already have that I can use. I will report back my findings when I am done with my testing.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

Edition: Fantasy Grounds Classic 3.3.11 - Windows 10
    Edition: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate 4.0.0 - Windows 10
    Edition: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate 4.0.0 - Ubuntu 20.04.1
    Discord: TK421 (-6) [FGU Backer]

Blog Entries
    FGU has a new networking model designed to prevent problems like this. But, there is always the possibility that some security can interfere with it. (As you know cyber is always changing)

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Yup, I have been playing around with it some. And I agree, FGU's new connection process looks promising. But can't really use that for full play just yet.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

I was able to get my Fortinet 60D configured with one of my extra public ip addresses that I have. Spent some time setting up a private network that I can connect to, configured the VPN to allow remote users to connect to firewall and access that private network. I have tested just about every connection combination I can think of, no themes or extension, Wizards Theme, Desktop Decals (none selected to all selected that I have), extensions, modules, images, maps etc and everything worked perfectly. YAY! After the initial connection happened (1-2 seconds) the client downloaded the required files (30-45 seconds) and loaded the session right up. Didn't even blink or pause like it was doing before. First time every time. Was able to close the session (client) and connect right back in. Connected and started right up to session in about 25 seconds.

The VPN option is definitely a solution that appears to have worked in this case. I just happen to have extra equipment (and public ip) to toss at to fix the connection issue. However others might not have this option available to them. I think my kids use LogMeIn Hamachi for their games with their friends. Might be something to look into that that doesn't require a PC Tech or hardware to configure.

Either way, the issue was definitely AT&T and their Disabled (yet enabled and running) Firewall that was blocking the connection.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

So my problem is also AT&T u-verse. I guess I'll have to build a VPN tunnel to a server I have at a co-lo provider to make FG work for all my players.
    -Mark

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mclancy10006 View Post
    So my problem is also AT&T u-verse. I guess I'll have to build a VPN tunnel to a server I have at a co-lo provider to make FG work for all my players.
    -Mark
    Their is a post on VPN solutions including Hamachi, but if you have a co-lo probably means you have more resources and knowledge than needed to go that route

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Elsewhere Moon Wizard intimated that FGU was not likely to fix this sort of problem. It helps connection problems but not flood protection.

In the end I used the SSH tunnel approach. So far so good in testing, but we will see when game time hits in a few hours.

SSH Port Mapping
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post376412

Thread Information