DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Blog Entries
    Whats your Alias and Ill try and connect?

Hey damned, sent you a PM with the details. I am also on discord today. If that is easier to use.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

Edition: Fantasy Grounds Classic 3.3.11 - Windows 10
    Edition: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate 4.0.0 - Windows 10
    Edition: Fantasy Grounds Ultimate 4.0.0 - Ubuntu 20.04.1
    Discord: TK421 (-6) [FGU Backer]

Thanks for your time in trying to narrow down the issue. For public record it appears to be an issue with AT&T currently. Damned was able to get a connection, but additional connections was an issue as noted above.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

For anyone else that might be having this issue, here is the modem info I have, you might have to check with AT&T about this issue.

Model: 5268AC
    Current Version 11.3.1.532191-att
    Initial Software Version 11.3.1.532191-att

Even though AT&T has the device configured as a "gateway" with the firewall turned off the modem is still dropping packets as if the firewall is still turned on. The event logs on the modem still show logs for the firewall with dropped packets just as if the firewall was on. This leads me to believe that AT&T's modem still acts as a firewall even when disabled.

---
    Firewall Status
    Firewall Active
    The firewall actively blocks access of unwanted activity from the Internet.
    ---

Looks like the Modem Firewall was enabled after I worked with the AT&T folks. I am on a call with them now (again) to get their firewall disabled (again). So if you run into this issue you might look at the AT&T modem as it may have been factory reset for some reason albeit a software upgrade or something.
    Last edited by tom.knapp; October 29th, 2019 at 16:30.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

Working with the AT&T tech and he is telling me that the status of "Firewall Active" is that the firewall is disabled and not blocking anything. Even though the firewall logs show dropped packets "like what a firewall does". Clearly AT&T doesn't understand what a firewall does or how to configure it.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

Bottom line is this:

AT&T wont turn off the Firewall on the modem. Even after you verbally agree to the "Firewall Safety Statement" they are required to read to you and that you have to agree to. They will uncheck some check-box on the configuration page but will not deactivate the firewall. They consider an active blocking firewall as Deactivated and not blocking packets. (Even when you can prove that it is, with their own firewall logs) Also there is no customer facing options to turn it off as well. You can configure firewall rules and add ports to forward to devices. (double NAT) When trying to relay that message to the tech he kept over talking me and telling me that the firewall on the modem was turned off.

I have my own firewall(s) and have paid for public ip's.

So long story short, FantasyGrounds works fine, its AT&T that is blocking the connections and wont do anything about it except take your money. See images below for examples of what I am seeing (and dealing with)

Attachment 29650Attachment 29650
    Attachment 29651

What a poor service model they have.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

Yes, I did. They do not have Tier 3 support. But they are willing to send out Geek Squad (at my expense) to fix my hardware issues. I just spent and hour talking to their "manager" basically another level 1 service tech trying to resolve this issue. They are unable to completely disable the firewall on the AT&T modem because it is a security risk for them. She was trying to tell me that my firewall (Unifi USG) was not compatible with their modem. Then when i told them that I configured my laptop with a public ip address and was able to repeat the exact issue removing my USG from the loop. She told me that my Lenovo laptop was the problem that was not compatible with their AT&T modem. So I told her I was able to take my laptop down the road to the public library and it works fine. She told me that Fantasy Grounds was incompatible with their modem. All she knew how to do was point the finger at me and every time I had concrete proof of why she was wrong. She just said I don't know why your device is not compatible sir
    Last edited by tom.knapp; October 29th, 2019 at 19:49.
    Thank you,

- Thomas

Can you eliminate their modem then?

Edit: After doing some searching it doesn't look like it.
    Last edited by Nylanfs; October 29th, 2019 at 19:24.

Blog Entries
    Ugh, I can feel your pain, though fortunately I have not experienced it. Would it be worth considering a VPN option to completely bypass AT$T?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information