DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Blog Entries

Question Pin Color Extension

So, I'm really in need of the ability to allow me to use multiple pin colors and maybe shapes. (Idea has already been added to IdeaInformer.) Is this a functionality that could be added with an extension or is it a function in the core program?

Here's why (and I'm not done adding links yet):
    Attachment 14928

If an extension could do this, would someone be willing to help me get this done? I'd be willing to throw some money to you. Not enough to actually pay for your time, but enough to help your beer budget, or whatever your vice is

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

It's in the core application. You can't change these on the fly. All you can do is change the base icons via the <imagesettings> entry in gameelements.xml which sets the single icon for all shortcut pins.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    It's in the core application. You can't change these on the fly. All you can do is change the base icons via the <imagesettings> entry in gameelements.xml which sets the single icon for all shortcut pins.
    Ugh, ok, that was my fear. Thanks for confirming

Related question; I'm guessing that the only way I can find where a story entry is pinned is to look in the db.xml and find the entry for the image and then find a pin entry for a given story entry and find the x,y coordinates for it? (i.e. I'm trying to figure out how to find all the pins for a story entry (portal).

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Related question; I'm guessing that the only way I can find where a story entry is pinned is to look in the db.xml and find the entry for the image and then find a pin entry for a given story entry and find the x,y coordinates for it? (i.e. I'm trying to figure out how to find all the pins for a story entry (portal).
    That's all I can think of, and it's a manual process (i.e. opening db.xml in Notepad++ etc.).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    That's all I can think of, and it's a manual process (i.e. opening db.xml in Notepad++ etc.).
    Thanks again. Yea, next time I will take better notes when I place teleporters in the dungeon as to where I'm placing the two pins!

Blog Entries
    So, here's how to find where a pin or link is on an image. (Documenting this so next time I need to do it, I can remember how, and since it might be useful to others).
    Assumptions: open db.xml of campaign used to author/create the images and story entries using Notepad++ (NPP)

1) Search for story entry by name.
    Example: "Two-Way" yields:
    Code:
    <id-00183>
                    <locked type="number">0</locked>
                    <name type="string">Portal, Two-Way, E</name>
                    <text type="formattedtext">
                        <p>These locations are a paired set of always active two-way portals.</p>
                        <p>To the being(s) undergoing the 'jump,'</p>
                        <frame>There is a sudden silvery haze everywhere, an empty silvery void visible all around, in which the only other objects visible are the being's body, belongings, and other creatures that the being is touching at the time. There is a brief sensation of falling, and then the surroundings are suddenly different.</frame>
                        <p>Beings passing through these teleports always forfeit initiative to beings present at their destination, during the round of their appearance.</p>
                    </text>
                </id-00183>
    Notice object ID number (i.e. 00183), Now search for this. You will return one or more results for a tag like this:
    Code:
                            <shortcut>
                                <x>437</x>
                                <y>751</y>
                                <class>encounter</class>
                                <recordname>encounter.id-00183</recordname>
                            </shortcut>
    This immediately reveals the x,y coordinates of the pin (437,751) in pixels on the image.

To find which image this pin reference (shortcut) is on, scroll up until you find the parent of the shortcut tag.This will tell you the file name that the pin is located on. Such as;
    Code:
                <id-00025>
                    <image type="image">
                        <bitmap>images/DungeonLvl-DM.png</bitmap>
                        <shortcuts>
    To learn the name of the image (which can be different from the filename), collapse all of the shortcut tags and look at the name value. Such as;
    Code:
                    </image>
                    <name type="string">0 DungeonLvl (DM)</name>

This may not be helpful to you, but if I was working on that map, I'd chop it into about eight pieces.

Blog Entries
    That's the DM map for level 1. The players never get to see it. They get battle maps for individual rooms or small areas (I think I'm around 40 of those). But imo it's important the DM can see everything at once. The file size is actually very small as resolution on that map is horrible. But it lets a DM see rooms and doors. Not more than that.

Okay, that makes sense. I often use DM overview maps, too. But I don't put any pins on them - I put those on the players' maps.

I use GM maps (with pins) and Player maps (with pins also - usually the same links as the GM map). Quick and easy access to the location info for the GM.

Thread Information