DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 6 of 37 First ... 4567816 ... Last

Hi there,

I recently purchased Fantasy Grounds, and in my attempt to get it going I've realized I'm having a problem with connecting (my connection test is failing). I'm fairly computer savvy, but no matter what I've done it doesn't seem to help. I do (obviously) have connection to fantasy grounds, as well as the internet at large.

* I've set a static IP for this specific IP under my router settings
    * I've opened the port 1802 for that IP under my router settings
    * I've both tried turning off the Windows 8 firewall, as well as telling it specifically to allow fantasy grounds to use 1802
    * Under the router settings for DHCP, it uses 192.168.1.2 from 192.168.1.201 - and my static is outside of that rnage
    * When I visit canyouvisitme.com, it states that it can't see 1802.
    * I started two instances of fantasy grounds on my PC for testing purposes, and I could communicate between the two.

So any suggestions, folks?

When you say "opened port 1802 for that IP under my router settings" what have you actually done?

You need to set up port forwarding to forward incoming TCP communications on post 1802 to port 1802 on your FG computer.

As an FYI: when you're using canyouseeme.org to test for 1802 being reachable you need to have Fantasy Grounds running and hosting a session waiting for players to connect.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hopefully this explains it, Trenloe:

Attachment 7363

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftzero View Post
    Hopefully this explains it, Trenloe:

Attachment 7363
    Try setting the port forwarding entry start port and end port to both 1802. Also, double check and confirm the IP your forwarding to is the LAN IP of the PC running FG.
    FG Project Development
    Next Project(s)*: Starfinder v1.2 Starship Combat

Current Project:
    Starfinder v1.1 - Character Starships
    Completed Projects: Starfinder Ruleset v1.0, Starfinder Core Rulebook, Alien Archive, Paizo Pathfinder Official Theme, D&D 5E data updates
    * All fluid by nature and therefore subject to change.

Set to only pointing at 1802, and here is the ipconfig /all on the PC I want to run FG on:

Attachment 7364

Damned, thank you so much. I'm now up and working on FG!

Apparently - and I did not know this - you can have a firewall blocking 1802 on Windows, your router, *or* your modem. It was the modem, and once I modified it - everything started working.

Again, thank you!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Craftzero View Post
    Damned, thank you so much. I'm now up and working on FG!

Apparently - and I did not know this - you can have a firewall blocking 1802 on Windows, your router, *or* your modem. It was the modem, and once I modified it - everything started working.

Again, thank you!
    Slight ammendent to your comment:
    you can have a firewall blocking 1802 on Windows, your router, *AND* your modem

Craftzeros setup was like this:

Internet – modem (router) – router – computer – fantasy grounds

Working backwards –
    you have allowed tcp 1802 inbound on all windows firewall profiles – done
    you (now) have on router (192.168.1.1) a port forward of tcp 1802 1802 to your computer 192.168.1.210
    you now need a port forward on modem (192.168.0.1) of tcp 1802 1802 to your router 192.168.0.2

Okay I've given up trying to do this by myself.

I've opened the ports 1802
    I've allowed inbound connections to my firewall
    I've created a static ip

Still no joy, Any suggestions?
    My router is a NF4V

Cheers

Alex

Thread Information