Blog Entries
    dear KevinVolt.
    Name: FG2
    Start: 1802
    End: 1802
    Start: 1802
    End: 1802
    protocol: TCP
    Local IP: your PC IP Address. Turn off SoftwareFW on PC at least for testing.
    PM me if you want me to fix it for you.

Do I maybe need port triggering insted of actual port forwarding?

Thank you very much that was it. It works great now.
    I found two things where wrong the name FG2 and the local port had changed sense my modem was reset thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Blog Entries
    youre welcome.
    welcome aboard - i hope you enjoy using FG2.
    if you get stuck or cant work something out or you think something shoudl be there but you can find it - ask away in here (not this thread though) and there will be plenty of ppl to help.
    if you cant find something try right clicking first...
    drag your players portraits into combat tracker and drag them from combat tracker to maps to keep links between them all intact
    drag monsters from modules (monster manual etc) into personalities where you can edit them - eg change "weapon" to "battle axe (1d8)" etc and then drag these into combat tracker and from ct onto map - or drag multiple personalities into a new Encounter which you can easily add wholesale into CT...
    thats enough tips for now

Hello I have been trying to log in with a mortorola sbg6580 router with time warner cable internet. I have gotten the port addy to ping my router and it comes back as open. For some reason I cannot get it to connect to your guys server. I try testing it and it just keeps staying in the " in progress" cycle. I have followed all the above steps to the letter and everything is set up correctly. I am not sure what to do from here. I have an ultimate lic to use and am stuck not allowing people to hop on to my table.

Blog Entries
    hey moon_wizard - the test connection failed to complete - would just hang but I was able to connect from a remote host.
    using 2.9.4 on W7x64 at host end.

I'm having the same issue as enygma. Through https://www.canyouseeme.org/ and through PFPortChecker 1802 is open. Originally I had both my modem and router doing that "NAT thing or stuff," but I called my ISP and they put the modem in bridge mode. I was really excited when both of the above resources said that the port was open. FG just won't finish a connection test, though. I even opened another instance and tried to connect and it will eventually time out.

Have you verified that you can connect to yourself by starting 2 instances of FG already? Use one instance to create/load a campaign, and the other to join a game at "localhost".

Also, you can try connecting from a different machine on same local network using local IP address.

These 2 scenarios test whether a security program (firewall, etc) is blocking network hosting for FG, even if ports are open from Internet.

Also, you need to verify that port 1802 is being forwarded to your local IP if your FG machine, or turn on UPnP on your router and let FG attempt to configure automatically.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information