DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 37 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Blog Entries
    you might need to turn off your firewall and run wireshark or other software to determine your own appropriate limits. i dont know (and have never had need to look) at what is going on at this level. i am guessing that the number of packets will vary greatly dependig on the size of your campaign and its associated ruleset data.

what is a package? if it is packets then this number is massively inadequaqte. if you have a player connecting to your campaign for the first time and you campaign data is 5MB (not at all large) then you could easily be sending 5000 packets in the first 10mins. i have no idea how many packets would be being received by your computer but again i would suggest that it would likely be at least 5% of that being sent(requests and posssibly acknowlegements and then also the local player data being sent back).
    if you have 2 players connecting you would need double that.
    then you have plenty of data transfer as the game is played - certainly more than 6 packets per hour... probably, safely hundreds of times that number.
    when you are hosting a game you are acting as a server. its like at home you might get 3 visitors a day while at work at grand central station you get 250,000 people come by.

Blog Entries
    OK so interesting problem.

A few days ago I was able to host players and connect to myself, no problem.

Then I had to change my modem and the internet connection works fine. Now players can't connect to me, but I can connect to myself.

The static IP setup hasn't changed and the port forwarding for 1802 is still in place on my router. This new modem is a Cisco DPC3825 Docsis 3.0 Gateway but I did not enable any wireless functions.

I can also connect to one of the people who are unable to connect to me.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by JohnD; September 14th, 2013 at 02:52.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

I bet the modem has it's own router/firewall capability built-in. You should see if you can log in to the modem administration screen, or contact your ISP if they didn't provide a login for the modem.

Cheers,
    JPG

Blog Entries
    Crap... yeah I didn't even think of that when I was getting it. I wonder if they can even give me that information.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    If I can connect to myself from the same computer, is that still using port 1802?

- John Diefenbaker

Blog Entries
    Hmm... just a 20 minute wait on hold... now getting a Success message from FG.

- John Diefenbaker

Help Please I have a Netgear CD3000D And don't know how to port forward it.

Which Kind of Service do I need to use?
    Attachment 5094
    Then after I have a service what do I put here
    Attachment 5095

Thanks in advance I'm really clueless here guys and hope you can help
    its a router and a cable modem it may even have a built in fire wall

KevinVolt

Blog Entries
    it wont be a predefined service.
    it will need to be manually defined.
    tcp
    destination port 1802
    source port any (usually leave blank)

[sorry cant see your images until they are approved]

Hello,
    I'm sorry but that doesn't help me at all did you look at the pictures I need 4 port numbers of 5 or less one port just wont work.

Just realized you cant see the pictures but I need two external ports and two internal ports I can set the tcp on and I have the local ip address thanks to the software in FG. I believe the name it asks for is just a referance name and have been using the name Fantasy Grounds. I tried putting in 1802 for all four ports and it took that but it still doesn't let me make connection for the fantasy grounds software to work.

Thread Information