Starfinder Playlist
Page 13 of 37 First ... 3111213141523 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by X-baby longshot View Post
    Looks like my preferred IP changes as I turn my PC on/off. whats the best fix?
    Set a static IP on your PC.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/1924...-or-windows-7/
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Perhaps I didn’t do a good job explaining, I had set a static IP address for my PC, when I started it back up the following day it would not connect to internet. So I changed back to automatic IP address and was able to connect. So I looked at the address that was preferred in my config all file and it changed from the day I set it static. So it appears that each time I reboot my PC I will have reset the static IP and virtual server on my router or is there a way to prevent that from happening?

Okay folks, been through 13 pages on this thread and I am still having issues. Not sure why, last time I had this many issues was with the Wii and that had to go outside everything. I'll note that I have a double router setup. However, to avoid issues I've connected directly to my Brighthouse cable modem/router, instead of also through my Neatgear router. I've restarted both the PC, Router, and FG several times in the process as well. Windows firewall is completely off, no AV software enabled. I would love some advice! Even tried using my static IP in a DMZ and that didn't work.

One network connection active.
    Attachment 10768

Static IP set.
    Attachment 10766

Virtual Server (Port Forwarding) set.
    Attachment 10767

FG connection failure
    Attachment 10769

Blog Entries
    hi healdhj - very useful supporting images - thanks!
    It looks like:
    1. You have correctly defined the static ip
    2. you have correctly setup the port forward

So the most likely causes here are:
    1. Windows/AV/Software firewall is preventing PUBLIC connections to TCP1802 or to FantasyGrounds.exe
    2. You are not actually connected to the Cable Modem and are still getting double NAT - please open a cmd prompt and do: tracert 8.8.8.8 and post the first half dozen lines here....
    3. If you click the click to retrieve your external IP does it come back with a value? if not you are probably getting blocked at the FG server end... (this looks less likely as you do have an alias showing)

damned, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    hi healdhj - very useful supporting images - thanks!
    It looks like:
    1. You have correctly defined the static ip
    2. you have correctly setup the port forward

So the most likely causes here are:
    1. Windows/AV/Software firewall is preventing PUBLIC connections to TCP1802 or to FantasyGrounds.exe
    2. You are not actually connected to the Cable Modem and are still getting double NAT - please open a cmd prompt and do: tracert 8.8.8.8 and post the first half dozen lines here....
    3. If you click the click to retrieve your external IP does it come back with a value? if not you are probably getting blocked at the FG server end... (this looks less likely as you do have an alias showing)
    1. Any idea how to check that?
    2. Image here. Attachment 10776
    3. External IP shows up in FG with no issue, and has repeatedly throughout the process.

Thanks again and in advance

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by healdhj View Post
    damned, thanks!

1. Any idea how to check that?
    2. Image here. Attachment 10776
    3. External IP shows up in FG with no issue, and has repeatedly throughout the process.

Thanks again and in advance
    1. A good first check is to Load your Campaign and then open a second instance of FG on teh same computer and connect to localhost. This wont tell you if connections are being blocked to public connections but it will tell you if FG is being blocked in general by a local firewall...
    2. Its a pity the 2nd hop didnt resolve but it looks like you should be ok on that front
    3. Good then its not being blocked at the FG server/license check end

Good news! I'm not a total idiot

Cable company/ISP double checked my work and all was as it should be. They played around on their end - no joy.

Today they replaced the cable modem and put in the same settings and all works! FG says SUCCESS!

Thanks all.

I suspect that FG doesn't play nice with UPNP on Windows 10. I had it going fine on 8.1 but can only make it work with manual port fowarding now. It is possible there is a Windows setting I am missing although I did enable FG in the firewall dialog.

I can manage this way but also prefer to avoid poking holes in my router.

Thread Information