Starfinder Playlist
Page 12 of 37 First ... 2101112131422 ... Last
    No, I just have the Verizon router. I do have a mcafee firewall that I'm about to delete since it won't turn off

Ok, I deleted mcafee and ran the test and it was successful. I'm going to assume that since I have my Verizon firewall, I don't need another one with mcafee. I have no idea how to set it up to let 1802 to open

Blog Entries
    Many routers support UPnP which automatically/dynamically supports various applications.
    If your connection test is successful then you are good to go.

Trying to set up a game with me running as GM/host and the test just keeps coming up as a fail. I can run with localhost. I've read through a lot of the posts here and quite honestly, it's kind of Greek to me. My computer acumen is very much on the poor side. Was wondering if I could get a little help. I've tried to run one of the suggested utilities called Portforward and below is a screenshot of what came back. At least I hope the screenshot shows up. In any event, I was wondering if I could get a hand using plain English step by step instructions. Any help would be appreciated. Oh, I also did that ipconfig thing and mine didn't look anything like the ones posted. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Attachment 10491

I need help; I’m not that tech savvy and trying to forward my port on my router. I don’t see port forwarding as an option... https://setuprouter.com/router/huawe...creenshots.htm is what my router login and each page looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by X-baby longshot View Post
    I need help; I’m not that tech savvy and trying to forward my port on my router. I don’t see port forwarding as an option... https://setuprouter.com/router/huawe...creenshots.htm is what my router login and each page looks like.
    Try enabling UPnP on the UPnP screen. You may have to restart the router for the change to take effect. FG tries to use UPnP to auto setup the port forwarding on the router.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

so i got it to work last night briefly on my PC using the virtual server setting. however when i got on the computer today i wasn't able to reconnect to the internet for some reason, i had to shutdown the static port in order to get back on the internet, which then means i'm not able to green light due to my IP not being static. Any advice on that issue would be great!

Looks like my preferred IP changes as I turn my PC on/off. whats the best fix?

Thread Information