DICE PACKS BUNDLE

connection test failure- players cannot connect to me

i have troubleshot this to the moon and back. internet speed above 100mbps. took down all firewalls, connection to port 1802 is fine. reset computer, updated fantasygrounds. reset and checked for updates on steam. looking for a probable solution why this could be happening.

Hi brilesc welcome to FG.

Can you do a tracert 8.8.8.8 and post the results here so we can help diagnose the issue. Also make sure your network is set to private, that your Antivirus software has a rule allowing FG to communicate with the network, that you are using the correct IP address for the port forwarding.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

And that your up address is ipv4. You can tell this in the internet settings panel. If it isn’t you have to use vpn solution or get your provider to give you ipv4 address

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    And that your up address is ipv4. You can tell this in the internet settings panel. If it isn’t you have to use vpn solution or get your provider to give you ipv4 address
    There is almost no way to tell from your PCs settings if your internet provider is fully IPv6 or IP aggregating or on old school IPv4.

Well, on the Mac, it says whether IPV4 or 6. Does it not do that on PC? I agree you can't tell if aggregating though.

I just looked on my PC. It has an IPV4 address but the IPV6 is blank when I pull that up, so it seems like you can tell whether V4 or V6 (although aggregating could be happening on V4, as you say).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
    I just looked on my PC. It has an IPV4 address but the IPV6 is blank when I pull that up, so it seems like you can tell whether V4 or V6 (although aggregating could be happening on V4, as you say).
    The IP address on your PC will almost never be seen on the Internet.
    When you go on to the Internet (google: what is my ip address) you will typically get your routers IPv4 WAN address via NAT.
    On an aggregated IPv4 link you might get the WAN IP of the second or third or fourth router that your traffic goes through.
    You might even have an Ipv6 connection (unlikely) but FG is only IPv4. You would still need IPv4 on your computer and your router and/or your ISPs will do some traffic manipulation to get your IPv4 traffic to its IPv4 destination and back.

Almost no one will have only IPv6. And those that do - FG doesnt support them today.

People will only connect to your LAN IP address when they are on your LAN or they have a site to site VPN or client to your-site vpn or the pseudo LAN ip address that a service like Hamachi offers.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by brilesc View Post
    i have troubleshot this to the moon and back. internet speed above 100mbps. took down all firewalls, connection to port 1802 is fine. reset computer, updated fantasygrounds. reset and checked for updates on steam. looking for a probable solution why this could be happening.
    You say connection to port 1802 is fine. How are you determining this? That is basically what the Connection Test confirms, so if it is failing I would look further in this area.

Send the make and model # of your router to us at [email protected] along with the Connection Test screen showing your Internal IP address. If you already set up your router's port forward screen, feel free to send us a screenshot (Alt+Printscreen) of that as well. We often see people have the wrong IP address entered for the server address.

Thread Information