STAR TREK 2d20
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    Blog Entries
    You do.
    You create these as Rolls.
    Then you drag them on to your character sheet or NPC sheet.
    Have a look at how monzomonar has setup his character sheet - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post378872
    You might find the few posts after that useful too.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    See this plus the next couple of posts too: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post373023
    ya i don't really understand any of that
    Just using MoreCore base with no other extentions, how do you combine strings?
    For example to create a single attack button for a monster that has a +4 to hit with 2 boons, and deals 1d6 damage.
    I thought something like the image below would work, but it doesn't
    fg-dicestring.jpg
    (ignore the fact that i did that as a bane, was for testing only)

Blog Entries
    No - you would create three Rolls:
    /boon 2d6
    /chall 1d20+4 (I believe /chall is what you want which reports a success against 10?)
    and then if successfull
    /damage 1d8+2 (this will roll a type of damage which can be dragged onto wounds

/boon 2d6
    /chall 1d20+4 (I believe /chall is what you want which reports a success against 10?)
    and then if successfull
    right, so than you cannot combine the three rolls into a single button press.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugahst View Post
    right, so than you cannot combine the three rolls into a single button press.
    In general, FG does not combine rolls on purpose. This is because of all the times that their are modifiers that are forgotten or exceptions or the GM interjects.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Blog Entries
    Hi dugahst check this link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post379260
    Download one or all of the linked xml files and in the Characters window use the Import button to bring these in.
    You will be able to see how mozmonar is setting up his character sheets.
    Rolls can be dragged from these char sheets into your Rolls library or onto other PCs/NPCs.

/boon 2d6
    and then if successfull
    One minor point. Challenge rolls differ from Attack rolls in SotDL. The target number for a Challenge roll is a constant 10. Attack rolls go against some other Attribute or Characteristic e.g Strength vs Defense, Will vs. Intellect, Intellect vs. Perception, etc. Challenge rolls serve a similar purpose SotDL to both Saving Throw and Ability/Skill checks in D&D for instance. However the difficulty is modified by the number of Boons or Banes, not by altering the target number.
    Last edited by mozmonar; March 2nd, 2018 at 03:43.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mozmonar View Post
    One minor point. Challenge rolls differ from Attack rolls in SotDL. The target number for a Challenge roll is a constant 10. Attack rolls go against some other Attribute or Characteristic e.g Strength vs Defense, Will vs. Intellect, Intellect vs. Perception, etc. Challenge rolls serve a similar purpose SotDL to both Saving Throw and Ability/Skill checks in D&D for instance. However the difficulty is modified by the number of Boons or Banes, not by altering the target number.
    Thanks mozmonar

I have zero experience with the game system.
    I have it but have never even opened the book.
    So you just use /die 1d20+4 for your attack sample?

Thanks mozmonar

I have zero experience with the game system.
    I have it but have never even opened the book.
    So you just use /die 1d20+4 for your attack sample?
    You can. I usually use the Attacks field for attacks and damage rolls. And the attributes rolls for challenge rolls.

Thread Information