DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Token making

Token making

What do you guy suse to make the tokens? I've tried doing it in paint but when i try to make round tokens it always gives me those white bits around the corner.

The question is what type of graphics programs are available to you? I've used photoshop and edited exisiting ones in fireworks. There are free programs out there that I'm sure people can point you to, but I'm not as familiar with them.
    Murder at Avedon Hill - Official site for novel being released February, 2007 (podcast release also begins February, 2007)
    Four Ugly Monsters - Honorary Monster, ret.

I do transparencies in GIMP. I also use round tokens.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

I use paintshop pro to make mine.

The original art I snag from the Wizards art gallery.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipol
    What do you guy suse to make the tokens? I've tried doing it in paint but when i try to make round tokens it always gives me those white bits around the corner.
    Token Tool
    https://rptools.net/doku.php?id=tokentool:intro

I also use Token Tool though I made some smaller rings which better match my map size squares. I used the GIMP for a paint program but it is like using a shotgun to kill mosquitos for me. I only use if for dealing with the alpha channel. If I don't have to deal with transparencies, I use Paint and IrfanView, but you need to use transparencies for round tokens.

To be honest I find Powerpoint 2003 to be an excellent method for making maps, tokens, potraits, whatever. You can insert almost any picture into a slide, crop it however you want, then right click on it to save just the graphic as a JPEG, TIFF, GIF, BITMAP, or EWMF. Then make an object of anysize you want. Use the fill method and select the previously cropped image as the background and it will fill the object to the edges. Then you can modify it however you want (add overlays, text description, put a colored border around it, etc.), group it all together, and then rick click again and save the object as another picture directly into the appropriate FG folder. Done!

Thanks, it took me a while to figure out GIMP but i finally got it working. My PCs now have personal tokens

Quote Originally Posted by nezzir
    Also, i do'nt think the downloads work there. I keep getting errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Kipol
    Also, i do'nt think the downloads work there. I keep getting errors.
    Use the links on the left.
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

Thread Information