Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

CC3+ Sale ($15 off a product)

So, I see that they sent out a voucher for $15 off any product.

I currently own CC3+, DD3+, CD3+, 2015 Annual and TOM3 (doh, thought it was to be upgraded to TOM3+ from what understood ) [Edit: And Dungeons of Schley Symbol Set - because his art rocks!]

I Like the sample map downloadable with Symbol Set 2 (night, house in woods...) but that "style" is the only one of the 4 on the right hand edge of the gallery that I liked enough to want. Does SS2 give me anything else that is an enhancement over what comes with DD3+? Anything in "look" of the one I like but not shown?

The other thing I was considering as well was the 2018 Annual, because of the January 2018 issue with the cool looking HEX version of the Mike Schley overland style.

Any thoughts on worth of SS2 for me based on what I said? I really do not know what else it comes with from the little shown on that page. I know I will want the MODERN one for sure in future - but I have way more time before need that versus Fantasy.

I do NOT think the voucher code is specific to recipients and "one user only", but will wait until I order before posting in case.

Thanks
    Last edited by Varsuuk; February 24th, 2018 at 05:32.

Blog Entries
    They had a link to upgrade the TOM3 on their blog that expired. I wrote support and they sent me a new code.

SS4 was upgraded with the content from his Kickstarter, so if you have not looked at the downloads recently, you should.
    Last edited by Myrdin Potter; February 24th, 2018 at 05:42.
    Ultimate License. Running Hyperborea and CoC. Asks lots of questions. Mgpotter.com. PureVPN is a tested solution to run games when traveling. https://billing.purevpn.com/aff.php?aff=33044

Cool on the SS4 thing. I backed his KS, really cool work. Hope he makes more.

So, any opinion on getting SS2? I haven't started using these much past doing some tutorials. As you know, I THINK I will have time but never do. I figure to use coupon on SS2 is best bang for buck... but only if it has stuff I will want to use. The Annual, I can always wait for their next 30% which is similar to the $15 off price. But I know I like the Schley overland look. Only annual I have so far is 2015 due to those cool LotR-y and another style I saw.

Cool, will go on website to see if can contact support. Really, can't believe they didn't send out a mailer like they do for most everything else?!

Thanks

Blog Entries
    I use SS2 all the time when doing dungeons. It's nothing extraordinary, but it does have a bunch more dungeon symbols like statues, altars, furniture and debris that I use for variety. If you don't have anything else to use the coupon for, then SS2 is, imo, a good choice. I'm debating getting one of the annuals myself. Don't know which one though!

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm leaning to 2018 Subscription, because I like the idea of trying to make a "campaign" map with Schley symbols and hexes. That would be like $25 vs $39.
    Of course, in November there will be a 30% off and could get it then (knowing I have a lot to learn anyhow) because SS2 is only $9.99 from $24.99, hence a better "discount" for the coupon.

But just not sure it gives me more based on not seeing a huge wow on styles - BUT your comment on symbols makes me consider it now!
    (Anything else you think best from the Profantasy line?)

Blog Entries
    So I'm no expert on CC, but if I look at the SS2 folder, here's the info on it; Size: 449 MB , 6,912 Files, 33 Folders.

It has 4 styles/sub-folders; Bitmap A, Bitmap B, Fantasy, Handrawn.
    Contents of Bitmaps A
    Screen Shot 02-24-18 at 05.24 PM.PNG

The other three folders/styles have pretty much the same categories.

I don't know what I think is best, I've got CC, CD, DD, SS1-4. Don't have any of the annuals or the others add-ons. I haven't needed the additional functions of things like FT or COS, but if I did, I would buy them. I like symbols and styles, so I'm sure someday I will buy the annuals. Don't want to make time learning any new styles right now or playing with the Annuals to learn them, so not sure.

Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I liked the look of some things in 2015 (in others too but 2015 had the most at that time.)

It is really only Mike Schley Overland Hex Maps from the Jan annual that has me going .... mmmmm Doh-nut...

https://rpgmaps.profantasy.com/?p=4077

And btw Mike - they updated my account with the TOM3+

Hey Entrails (odd, never imagined that as a convo opener...) - if I was to use the standard Schley overland, is there some way to actually superimpose hexes over the map as a layer or something? Either here in CC3+ or perhaps added to it when it is imported to PS or Gimp?

I like the Annual, but the 15$ off seems a better deal on the lower priced item (SS2) and wait to buy the 2018 Annual until next sale or Nov if I don't actually end up needing before then (which then I pay full.)

It seems that while I envision rather "plain" maps - the OPTION of having a lot more symbols in SS2 makes it seem worth it.

Not considering it for this time around, but anything you can say about SS1 for overland that you feel is better than or enhances the standard CC3+ (I am most likely to use Schley or one of the styles in 2015 annual but still...)

Cosmographer would be my vote Failing that, then the annuals - I enjoy the monthly reveal and have found the 'how to' in the PDFs to be fairly useful in terms of learning CC3+ in smaller chunks.

Blog Entries
    There is a built in Grid function that puts them on a sheet so they can be on top. It can do both hex and square. The command is... Grid Overlay and is found in the regular CC3+ icons. I think their is a menu for it too, Draw > Hex or Square Overlay.

I haven't played with SS1 much if at all. I think it just adds symbols to the existing catalogs as I don't see a separate directory for it. But maybe I never installed it? Will have to check that tomorrow.

Thread Information