Starfinder Playlist
Page 9 of 13 First ... 7891011 ... Last

Thread: Effects Lists

Thanks @deer_buster and HeckoX I got it working. I never realized that was possible to do this on the Action tab.
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

DrLooLoo-biohacker.png

This thread has been a big help! trying to get one of the PCs, biohacker abilities created ... which took awhile to figure out ... and now, thanks to the effects list (page 3) ... think I can finish them up.

FGU Operative trick attack

I noticed that some of the Starfinder coding effects here don't always work on Fantasy Grounds Unity. Here is a version of Trick Attack for an operative that does work on FGU as of today's version (9/26/20). Some of the things that really threw me were semi-colons versus colons, and lower case vs upper case sensitivity. Also knowing to target self or targets is tricky. attached is a screenshot with the magnifying glass menus opened to see the coding effect.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Semi-colon vs colon usage hasn't changed between the two versions. Case currently matters, although a case (pun intended) could be made for it not to matter. Superteddy has a universal effects engine in the hopper that will hopefully simplify effects and make it more natural language....but that could be a while away.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

User-friendly, quality of life changes are always great. What would rock would be a drop-down list effects statement builder with validation, so that users wouldn't have to leave FG Unity to figure out how to add Trick Attack IF statement or DMGO for example, quickly.

Well, even better yet is to have the effects built into the abilities, so you just drag, say, Trick Attack to the actions tab and it builds it for you...which would be much easier than doing what you suggested.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

Completely agree, that's even better, as long as they're still editable by the end-user.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    Well, even better yet is to have the effects built into the abilities, so you just drag, say, Trick Attack to the actions tab and it builds it for you...which would be much easier than doing what you suggested.
    I totally agree!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

For the Trick Attack, in the image posted above by CommanderSalamander, I wouldn't put a Duration on the IFT statement(s); they should be permanent so that the Player doesn't have to keep clicking the IFT statement buttons. The CUSTOM text on the Target will determine which IFT statement will be utilized. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi ! New player here, and i struggle to import the list of effects. The second post suggest to import .xml files as characters but it seems that it isn't working ...

Thread Information