Game System: Savage Worlds

Time Zone: PST
    Day of week and time: Sundays, Starting at 5pm
    Planned start date: After late March, by mid May
    Planned Duration & Frequency: 4-5 hour sessions, Every Other Week
    Term: Moderate

Text or Voice: Voice
    Voice software used: Teamspeak

Roleplay & Combat mix: Investigative horror with some pulpy combat (65/35 or so?)
    Number of Players in game & needed: Looking for 4 players
    Character starting level & equipment: Starting at Novice. Gear won't be a focal point.
    Character restrictions: Achtung Cthulhu Sanity and Realms of Cthulhu Defining Interests have been folded in with Deadlands Fate Chips. Available skills, combat options and edges been reworked. CLICK HERE for more information.

This will be an episodic Call of Cthulhu style game with a pulpy Old West bent. Players should not be surprised by undefeatable adversaries, sudden character death or unavoidable insanity. Play will largely center around investigations and Lovecraftian horror with occasional pulp action.

To be clear: this will not be a Deadlands game. The Civil War did not end in a stalemate, California did not fall into the sea, and there is no Ghost Rock to power Weird Science gadgetry.

The start date is TBD. I am still researching good Call of Cthulhu scenarios to convert and gauging interest. We will likely start between late March and May (so, not soon! hehe). If interest isn't there for SW, I may switch to Pulp Cthulhu. I like the feel of SW, though, so I wanted to give that a go first.

I am looking for players that...
    ...care more about playing the game than gaming the system.
    ...are usually on time. If they can’t make it, they let us know well in advance.
    ...do not engage in protracted rules arguments and who respect others.

As a GM, I...
    ...welcome player agency and believe in meaningful consequences to player action.
    ...am usually on time. If I can’t make it, I let you know well in advance.
    ...move the narrative forward rather than stop the session to look up fiddly rules in play.

Link to Gamecalendar page: CLICK HERE
    Last edited by Mentalic; February 22nd, 2018 at 04:34.

Thread Information