5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    This has to do with one of the quirks of the FG layout engine with top-level windows. The top-level windows are designed to expand to fit all the controls defined within their viewable area. Since you are defining a control that is outside the viewable area (i.e. insidetopright -11), then the window expands by 11 pixels each time the layout code is called, as the code grows the window to fit your control within the viewable region. Otherwise, your control would be chopped off at 4 pixels wide, because only what is inside a window is drawn on the screen.

The moral is:
    Do not define controls which overflow outside a window definition. (i.e. anchoring such that width/height overflows viewable window space) This forces window instance expansion to fit controls. This is especially problematic in right/bottom anchors for windows with no maximum size, such as modifier stack.

The correct way would be to increase the minimum window size of the modifierstack windowclass, and place the control within the viewable region. If you must hammer square peg to round hole, you can also theoretically set the maximum window size, so that the layout code can't override.

However, all of this becomes problematic, due to the fact that "modifierstack" is modified by several derived rulesets to increase the minimum window size to add other buttons, so you don't want to override either minimum/maximum in this case.

If this is for a layered ruleset, then just expand the window class mimimum size(like the 5E ruleset). If this is for an extension, you'll need to place the button differently.

Regards,
    JPG

Thank you Moon, for that detailed explanation - yes, it does all make sense, and I'll make the necessary adjustments

Cheers
    Dulux-Oz

√(-1) 2^3 Σ Π
    ...And it was Delicious!

Alpha-Geek
    ICT Professional
    GMing Since 1982
    NSW, Australia, UTC +10
    LinkedIn Profile: www.linkedin.com/in/mjblack

Watch our games on Twitch: www.twitch.tv/dulux_oz

Support Me on Patreon: www.patreon.com/duluxoz

Past Games, etc, on my YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/c/duluxoz