Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Help Hosting a Game as a GM

New FG member here and I'm having some issues with my port. I followed the directions (but clearly I missed something) and require some assistance . This is what I've done:

Created a static IP
    Logged into my router (Linksys) and unchecked "Filter anonymous internet requests" from within Firewall Security
    I've also set up single port forwarding for Fantasy Grounds for port 1802 with the static IP address I made

When I test my connection, I fail. I don't know if it was necessary or not, but I've also done a full restart just in case and still no dice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forums unboxedgeek and sorry you're having issues.

To start, please run a Windows command prompt (assuming you're on Windows) and type the following: tracert 8.8.8.8 and press return. Post the results here please. This will help us get an idea of your network architecture and if maybe there's been a change from your ISP's point of view.

Some recent info in this thread might also help: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...roblem-message
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by unboxedgeek View Post
    That second hop of 10.0.0.1 could be the issue - that's an internal (not public) IP address. How many Internet devices do you have in your home? Do you have something like a WiFi router and then a modem/router? Or just a single device?

If you have two devices, you'll need to log into the first (10.0.0.1) and port forward TCP 1802 to the IP address of the second device (it will be 10.0.0.XX - where XX is a number between 2 and 254, you can probably find this from connected devices in the web admin), and then login to 192.168.1.1 and port forward TCP 1802 to the IP address of your FG GM computer (it will be 192.168.1.XX - where XX is a number between 2 and 254).

If you only have one device then it looks like your ISP is sharing Internet IP addresses with multiple people - you can contact them and ask for a dedicated IP address (you may need to pay extra) or you can look into VPN solutions to get around this issue.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 22nd, 2018 at 01:21.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I do have 2 devices. Cable goes into my ISP's modem, which doubles as a router, then I have the Linksys router that serves as my home network. So you're saying I need to log into my ISP (Comcast) router and set up port forwarding?

Quote Originally Posted by unboxedgeek View Post
    So you're saying I need to log into my ISP (Comcast) router and set up port forwarding?
    You need to login to each of your routing devices and setup port forwarding to the next device - otherwise port 1802 will not get from the outside to your computer. Think of it like a chain - if you don't setup port forwarding from one link to the next then you don't have a clear path for TCP port 1802 from the Internet to FG.

So you need to setup port forwarding from the ISP's Modem to your linksys router, then from your Linksys router to your FG computer.

OK, so I'm in my other device and I get an error that my IP is out of rangeCapture.PNG

I'll add that the second part should be all set, I have it set up from my Linksys router to go to my static IP for FG, the trouble just seems to be linking my ISP to my Linksys

Blog Entries
    The cable rouer has to port forward to the linksys ip that is on the same range - eg the WAN ip of the Linksys.
    It will be 10.0.0.something

I got it my dude.

Just bridged the IPS router, as I don't really use it anyways. I am now successfully connected Capture.PNG

Thanks for the help

Thread Information