5E Character Create Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by GamerDude View Post
    Now to determine if it’s better to get the 7th ed rule set (I’ve no real interest in moving to 7th ed as I own nearly $700 in books for 6th ed).
    I have many dozens of CoC books from 1st edition to 7th. I can use all of them in CoC 7th Edition with only minor on-the-fly modifications. CoC 6th edition is also a solid ruleset. If you want to play with the latest CoC version (7th) go ahead and play with that. If you're happy playing in 6th edition then play with that - you'll have great fun whichever one you choose.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thanks Everyone.

While I have a ton of stuff for playing CoC6th I haven't played it but a few times. That lack of familiarity is a large part of my hesitancy. I'm good transferring DnD 3.x or PF into DnD5th because I'm reasonably well versed in those systems. *scratches head*
    Al B. [B-)
    License: Ultimate (anyone can play with me!)
    Timezone: US Pacific [GMT-8] my local time -> https://time.is/PT
    Currently Running: TBD
    Looking for: 5th Ed, COC, PF
    Working on: inputting “Rappan Athuk” for PF (700 pgs)

Quote Originally Posted by GamerDude View Post
    While I have a ton of stuff for playing CoC6th I haven't played it but a few times. That lack of familiarity is a large part of my hesitancy. I'm good transferring DnD 3.x or PF into DnD5th because I'm reasonably well versed in those systems. *scratches head*
    Look at the free 7e quick start rules here: https://www.chaosium.com/free-quick-start-pdf/ They include a section on converting previous versions - it really is super easy. Way easier than converting D&D 3.5/PF to 5E.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Typically 6e Characteristics are multiplied by 5 to get 7e characteristics.
    EDU is a little more granular with 6e scores up to 18 being x5 and then scores above 18 gain only an additional 1 point per point - eg 20 is 92 (rather than 100).
    HP are (CON+SIZ)/10 and round down
    Damage Bonus for weak characters (negative bonuses have been reduced from -1d4 to -1, from -1d6 to -2).
    There are a few others but these are the main ones I think.

I am considering planning an Achtung! Cthulhu campaign using my purchsed rulebooks and scenarios, and plan to develop my own module for personal use. Has anyone done this and do you have any advice?

My first hurdle is creating occupations used in Achtung! Cthulhu within the 6th Edition Cthulhu ruleset. Unlike 7th Edition, 6th Edition does not have editable Occupations. So, where to start?

All suggestions welcomed.

Blog Entries
    I'd probably just do it in 7E if you have that (sounds like you do?) and call it a day. 7E is better supported with more modern features.

I have an extension somewhere, that modified the coc skills for use of the achtung! skills
    Ultimate License holder.

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs always hit the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by tlavalle View Post
    I have an extension somewhere, that modified the coc skills for use of the achtung! skills
    Thanks for responding to the request - I had almost given up on finding anything!

Would you be able to share the extension by any chance?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    I'd probably just do it in 7E if you have that (sounds like you do?) and call it a day. 7E is better supported with more modern features.
    Modiphius have released the 7e version of the rules now, so it may be easy to create a module now...

Thread Information