FG Spreadshirt Swag

SAVE modifer in the effects system

I am trying to set up the racial bonus of +5 for saving against poison for dwarves. As there are no condition for being poisoned, it isn't possible to set a conditional test.
    I am not sure how the "racial" bonus listed here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/4E_Effects works, but it seems like the bonus is given regardless of what the saving throw is used for.

What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Starwolf View Post
    I am trying to set up the racial bonus of +5 for saving against poison for dwarves. As there are no condition for being poisoned, it isn't possible to set a conditional test.
    I am not sure how the "racial" bonus listed here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/...php/4E_Effects works, but it seems like the bonus is given regardless of what the saving throw is used for.

What am I missing here?
    Have you tried : SAVE: 1, poison
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Saves don't have a type. Hence, effects for saves just have a bonus to the saving throw.

You will have to do it manually - i.e. the player can ask if the save is vs poison or not. If it is add a one roll +5 and roll the save.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I was supepcting as much, but got confused by the racial modifer listed on the effects page.

Quote Originally Posted by Starwolf View Post
    I was supepcting as much, but got confused by the racial modifer listed on the effects page.
    [bonus] is purely for stacking purposes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information