Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

Thread: Related stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Dyark View Post
    Great job I like it

Also you can use this tool for planet, this is on I use

https://planetmaker.wthr.us/

This is the kind of planet you can create with a few clicks

Attachment 22243
    Wow, those are nice! Thanks for sharing it!

Also look at doing final image optimization - for FG official development I was asked to use an application called Pingo, with the -s4 optimization parameter (best lossless mode) - this will give you some final file size improvements. It's command line, which is a little bit of a pain, but with a bit of dir redirection to a text file and editing into a .bat file you can optimise a lot of image files.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Whoa, Trenloe! Pingo is something else!

It literally reduced the file sizes by 50% with no evident change in quality. Everything went from 220kb to 110kb - and it took like 2 seconds max to convert them all. I haven't tested it with JPGs, but it is really good with PNGs.

My command line was.... pingo.exe *.png

I hate to over-complicate things . I am really happy with the results, thanks for the pro tip!

EDIT: It isn't my favorite for JPGs - really reduces the file size but with a lot of visual artifacts

Last edited by Topdecker; February 14th, 2018 at 15:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Topdecker View Post
    My command line was.... pingo.exe *.png
    And thanks for that pro tip - I didn't realise you could use wildcards - I think you couldn't in the old one I had, or it wasn't documented.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

FYI: pinga is the GUI version of pingo.

You can get it here.

Spent the day making and breaking virtual rocks.... Well, asteroids.

Gotta say, making asteroids by hand is not among my favorite things to do. I got seven images done and that is enough

A few comets, nav beacons, map markers.... still on the to do list.

Very nice
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Thanks, guys Been planning a sci-fi campaign since last September - that Starfinder arrived when it did was serendipity. Still gotta read the rules and try to get on-board with the setting (space Elves and star Goblins require some adaptation on my part).

I made a major difference for me also, since its making adapting the Setting of the Stories been working on for years... way easier to implement in a rp system. Lot's of work though...
    Ultimate License owner

Starfinder Corebook and alien archives 1 and 2, armory, pact world owner.

Thread Information