DICE PACKS BUNDLE

GURPS compatible Parser? Would like to easily add NPCs from websites & pdfs

Does anyone know an easier method to use for adding NPC entries into Fantasy Grounds - like maybe a GURPS-compatible parser? I was making NPCs in GCA and then export/importing them in, but it is fairly time consuming. Wondering if there's some magical way to copy/paste the NPC info all at one time from websites and pdfs into an xml file, quickly format it with the right tags, zip it up, and change .zip to .mod. or some such. Hoping there's a quicker way to do this that's eluded me, and so reaching out.

BTW, the GURPS Fantasy Survival game I've been running for months now has been a blast thus far!

Thank you all.

Awesome news with your GURPS Game!

I don't know of a parser, but I'm awfully attracted to the idea of making one. To be able to cut n paste from monster manuals and similar would be great. Even better would be to have such a parser built into the ruleset itself. Hmmmm.....
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post

I don't know of a parser, but I'm awfully attracted to the idea of making one. To be able to cut n paste from monster manuals and similar would be great. Even better would be to have such a parser built into the ruleset itself. Hmmmm.....
    👍👍👍

Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by ronnke View Post

That would give me a reason to finally use this ruleset. I think GURPS is an awesome system but I don't really have the time to input so much material for it. If you get this going ronnke let us know.
    DM/GM Since 1985. Unity and Classic Ultimate License.

Quote Originally Posted by yeknom View Post
    That would give me a reason to finally use this ruleset.
    CGA helps a lot with PCs and major NPCs, but things like monsters and throw away NPCs, you only enter the stats you need. Saves you a load of prep time.
    Timezone: Australian EST (GMT +10).
    Systems/Rulesets: GURPS 4th Edition.
    Campaigns (Ultimate License Holder)
    GURPS Traveller - The Empty Peace
    GURPS Shadowrun - Power Plays
    GURPS Banestorm - Dark Clouds Rising

Thread Information