Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I agree - hence why I asked for it to be checked/added to the wishlist - as this *is* new functionality that doesn't exist for other rulesets (i.e. effects/actions attached to items and weapons).
    Should I also request it for the type of Armor ?
    Example, the default armor in the ruleset is KAC, but the armor we need to target for energy spell is EAC and I do not see it anywhere if we can change that.

Never mind found it, it is a R touch instead of range.
    Last edited by Dyark; February 14th, 2018 at 14:50.
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Changing the condition of spells and damage is simple figured that one quickly.
    Just frustrating having to manually apply conditions when using weapons. But at least there's a way of doing it just a bit of work so not end of the world.

At least there's a way to refer stuff without having to constantly have the book or dm screen at hands reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    I agree - hence why I asked for it to be checked/added to the wishlist - as this *is* new functionality that doesn't exist for other rulesets (i.e. effects/actions attached to items and weapons).
    I finally added it to the wishlist, including allowing for the special crit damage Starfinder weapons often have.

Although, I'm not sure exactly how I feel about the wishlist being the mechanism for trying to have this happen. Until you said I should add it, I had no idea this was used for requesting something for a single ruleset. I had been under the impression that it was for things affecting fantasy grounds as a whole, and more on the programming side of things. Also, this is more of a niche system so likely won't see much traction there.

Crossing my fingers that it gets enough visibility on there that it can be added.

The wishlist is not all about votes. The main FG devs have frequently said it is their main area to look at for new features across all rulesets. They don't just look at votes.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Either way it's a feature that's really needed in SF, because of the sheer amount of stuff that has side effects on crits, or side effects on hit. Just having to hand make everything and so on is discouraging on my end, due to limited time I have to work on it and lack of patience due to recurring Migrains/tension head aches. On top of trying to convert a setting to SF at same time.
    Last edited by Treviron Riaxx; February 18th, 2018 at 21:06.
    Ultimate License owner

Starfinder Corebook and alien archives 1 and 2, armory, pact world owner.

Totally agree. Having gone from 5e in FG for the past few years, it seems an omission in SF. Makes all the Ex, Su, and Sp powers much more manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by sturtus View Post
    Makes all the Ex, Su, and Sp powers much more manageable.
    You can do these. Make a spell class, call it "Abilities" and add them in as "spells" and add actions to the the "spell". Don't let the word spell stop you using it for things that *aren't* spells..
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    Hi guys - remember that StarFinder is a complex system and that the features present in Pathfinder and 5E didnt happen all in one go.
    Keep making suggestions (do add them to the wishlist as well) and the ruleset will keep improving.

I appreciate that we can add abilities as spells, and I've done that. It's a suitable workaround, and I'm happy my group can play Starfinder in FG and drop effects and damage as a player.

When I DM 5e, I go through all of the PC character sheets and assist the players by dividing out their abilities on the actions tab into any powers or inventory we need to track: magic item charges, class features, healing kit uses, grouped features with shared uses (like Channel Divinity), and anything their character can "do" in combat even if there is no effect to drop. grouping them best I can based on its source (class, race, inventory, etc). It really helps new players learn their character and understand their options. The feature this thread is talking about, and it looks like was put into the feature request site, is the elegant "Group" feature of 5e powers in the abilities tab, where number of uses can be spread across a group of powers (think Channel Divinity), be completely individual per power for class features that stand alone as a # of times per day, and reset per power when resting.

No complaints, really! Looking forward to this ruleset maturing like 5e did. Flexible power groups is a great start and hope to see it in a future release.

Thread Information