DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Request:Ability to add Effects to weapons and abilities that aren't spells or weapons

I know everyone is busy right now working out bugs, but I have a couple of feature requests.

1. The ability to add an effects line to weapons. There are a lot of weapons that have effects they can apply and currently there is no easy way to handle this as far as I know.
    2. The ability to add things to the ability tab other than Spells, Spell Classes, and Weapons. I'm thinking something similar to the 5E ruleset that lets you make random abilities and even lets you categorize them. This would be immensely helpful in tracking and using class features.

Right now you can make both these things work by creating additional spell classes and adding the things you need as spells, but it is a little clunky.

EDIT: I finally made the feature request. Here it is.
    Last edited by Archamus; February 18th, 2018 at 08:33.

If you could add something like powers which we can create the effect after would also be good.

I am thinking about the solarian specifically
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Something like the Operatives - Trick Attack would also be nice if already included

Please add feature requests to the FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Then post a link to the request in this thread so others know about it and can vote. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Please add feature requests to the FG wishlist here: https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

Then post a link to the request in this thread so others know about it and can vote. Thanks.
    It already exist for other ruleset, it is not a brand new request. The problem is we cannot do anything with thing as simple as the damage of spells. I already posted for the simple ray or energy, which is a 1d3 of damage.
    DMed in this :
    Pathfinder,Forgotten realms, Dark sun, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara, Own creation
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Things like this should of been possible, specially in Starfinder.... since items and weapons play a much bigger role with conditions etc since items/weapons are now on par with spells.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyark View Post
    It already exist for other ruleset, it is not a brand new request. The problem is we cannot do anything with thing as simple as the damage of spells. I already posted for the simple ray or energy, which is a 1d3 of damage.
    OK, so this is an education/knowledge thing, not a lack of functionality in the ruleset. You can indeed do 1d3 damage for a Energy Ray spell - just like it "already exist for other ruleset". Through the right-click menu on the spell, select "Add Spell Action" -> "Add Damage", click the magnifying glass to the right of the damage action created, right-click on the d6 on the desktop - custom -> d3 and drag the d3 to the damage slot. This is exctly the same as what you'd do in Patfinder, for example.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Dyark View Post
    If you could add something like powers which we can create the effect after would also be good.

I am thinking about the solarian specifically
    You can creates new "spell" classes (just don't call them spells) and manually add powers etc. in there - with damage, conditions/effects, casts, attacks, etc.. This is the way players have used the Pathfinder ruleset for years - and the FG Starfinder ruleset is heavily based on the PF ruleset.

Ah perfect thanks Trenloe

I feel my FG eduction is bad now... :-)

Need more training......
    Last edited by Dyark; February 14th, 2018 at 14:42.
    DMed in this :
    2e, 3.5 & 5

Quote Originally Posted by Treviron Riaxx View Post
    Things like this should of been possible, specially in Starfinder.... since items and weapons play a much bigger role with conditions etc since items/weapons are now on par with spells.
    I agree - hence why I asked for it to be checked/added to the wishlist - as this *is* new functionality that doesn't exist for other rulesets (i.e. effects/actions attached to items and weapons).

Thread Information