DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Profantasy Questions

Is it worth the money for the bundle package if I am looking to create a fully immersive campaign module to the quality Wizards of the Coast produces? I know there is freeware out there but it's very cartoony looking. Has anyone used any of the Profantasy program? How does it interact with Fantasy Grounds?

Profantasy products are simply fantastic. Now they aren't everyone's cup-of-tea, however. They derive from CAD software, and the user interface is somewhat bass-akwards from what people using other software expect. For those who are artists, Photoshop or its work-alike might be the best option (and truth-be-told, many of the most awesome looking maps come from raster software).

Its current iterations are kind of the best of both worlds because it is object-oriented with raster/bitmap fills and effects.

But the learning curve is kind of steep. They have excellent tutorials, however, and their user support forums are second only to here (IMHO). All they are missing is a Trenloe and MoonWizard.

I'm not sure what you're asking.

Profantasy to my knowledge doesn't provide any interaction with Fantasy Grounds.

Now, if you mean are the maps you create with Profantasys Campaign Cartographer 3(/plus), then yes. Just export them as jpg's, put them in the images folder of your campaign, and you're good to go.

You may need to resize/resample the images with a tool like GIMP/Photoshop/Paint/etc.

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Blog Entries
    I too love CC3+ from ProFantasy.

For many their is a steep learning curve, because it is a CAD program and also uses Action>Object workflows. But, if you can (or never learned) to forget the approach of graphic art programs like PSP, then to me it's not that hard (then again, I teach 3D parametric MCAD, so not a big stretch for me).

The biggest thing I would suggest is to do the tutorials. They will teach you the workflow as well as the mouse picks. And if you are a technical details type of person and want to know everything, then pick up the Tome of Ultimate Mapping. Very in depth guide/tutorial (711 pages if you are curious).

Their is also a post on the forums here titled something like "Map Making Software Summary" that gives some other views as well.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

If you decide to go with, apply liberal use of Sheets and Layers. You will thank me later.
    Example attached: Glassworks main floor, from Rise of the Runelords. I did this with Dungeon Designer 3.
    And yes, feel free to use in your game.

Sandpoint Glassworks - Main Floor.JPG
    Last edited by twistedtechmike; February 19th, 2018 at 13:33.

Thread Information