Dungeons & Dragons 2024 Core Rulebooks Pre-Order
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Tell ability

Tell ability

Is ther a tell ability in the program? I'm the rogue of the party, and every now and then I plop a couple extra gold into my pocket from the treasure stash. It'd be alot easier for the gm to give me a private tell instead of saying it to everyone, that way theres no meta gameing going on. This also would work better for when the party splits up or something.

If you type /help you'll see that there is a 'whisper' command. You can Whisper to other players or the GM, and he can whisper back.
    That should do what you need
    DM: For reference sake, when a bad guys dies, I'll turn their token over. So an upside down 'A' or 'B' means it's a corpse.
    PC 1: So if we kill a 'M' is it reincarnated as a 'W'?
    PC 2: That damn 'O' just won't die!

The dm can do this two ways.

Type /w name message

1. Where the name is the characters name the message is going to and the mesage is the message being sent. The 'name' part does NOT need to be the full name but just enough to make it unique from all the other characters connected.

2. Type a message into the chat box and then drag and drop the message onto the characters icon and drop it.

Along these lines there is also two buffers to keep text in. They are swapped by hitting the Tab key. So if the DM is typing you a long message and someone askes him a simple yes or no question he can hit Tab, enter the answer, then hit Tab again and go back to the first message.

rv

Also... players can't send messages to each other directly. Only to the dm who could then forward a message on if need be.

Thanks, richvalle! I didn't know all that! Wow, you just made my games easier to run. And I did read the manual... Was it in there? I was grumbling at FG's clumsiness when it comes to private messages and here you go... So far I had to type in whole nickname like SanynAsarathali (try not to misspell that!) and then the message. I didn't also know about the buffer feature. I was saying FG needs tab completion (like in some IRC clients), but I didn't knew I could just write /w San message. Thanks a lot!
    "The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come to pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again. In one Age, called the Third Age by some, an Age yet to come, an Age long past, a wind rose. . ."

You are very welcome.

I figured some people didn't know about those features so I figured I'd write them out.

Thank Ilwan for the name thing. He requested that a long time ago for the same reasons you mention.

rv

Hey thanks rv I didn't know about the drag and drop thing thats good to know too.
    See you around the table.

Yeah, I tend to use the drag and drop method myself.

What would be nice is if you could do a /w to more then one person at a time. So /w player1,player2,player3 message and all 3 would get it.

rv

Can you drag and drop text from the story page? Like I write up the sences as they would happen the group is walking down the road I give a discription of the forest and everything around and off in the distance... I ask for a spot check. Then in two more boxes I right a success and a failure can I drop the success text on the player that succeeded and the failure on the failures?
    See you around the table.

Pretty sure yes.

You can also drag and drop images onto the character portraits. They will be the only ones to see that image. Its how you can get different people on different maps.

rv

Thread Information