DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Action Card problem

Hi i recently bought FG and Savage Worlds core, Fantasy Companion and Adventure Cards.
    But when i try to drag an adventure card to a PC i get the following message, Script Error: [string "scripts/launcher.lua"]:76: attempt to index local 'node' (a nil value)

Anyone else got this problem?

Blog Entries
    Did you turn on the Action Deck extension?

Yes, it's turned on. I can see the deck, shuffle it and so on. I cant deal card to players

Quote Originally Posted by Chagidiel View Post
    Yes, it's turned on. I can see the deck, shuffle it and so on. I cant deal card to players
    Please provide detailed steps on how to recreate - where you're dragging from, exactly where you're dragging to, etc.. I've tried to recreate your error and I can't. EDIT: I can recreate, see next post.

Also, please type /version in the chat window and post a screenshot of the results here. Thanks.
    Last edited by Trenloe; February 8th, 2018 at 19:11.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Update: OK, I've tested a bit more and I can recreate. Drag the adventure card deck from "GM Tools" to a PC in the party sheet, or the portrait on the desktop, raises the error.

Over to the relevant SW dev for this...
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Is there any other way to make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Update: OK, I've tested a bit more and I can recreate. Drag the adventure card deck from "GM Tools" to a PC in the party sheet, or the portrait on the desktop, raises the error.

Over to the relevant SW dev for this...
    I verified this was working under 3.3.3.

To add to Trenloe's post, when you drag the card over, an invisible card appears that you can't clear, and the party sheet "Reset Adventure Cards" doesn't reset either once you get the error.

Quote Originally Posted by Eru the One View Post
    I verified this was working under 3.3.3.

To add to Trenloe's post, when you drag the card over, an invisible card appears that you can't clear, and the party sheet "Reset Adventure Cards" doesn't reset either once you get the error.
    I was able to fix the issue of resetting the cards by editing the db.xml removing the empty card data (id-00002) and reset the card counter to 0
    Code:
    <adventurecards>
    	<id-00002>
    	</id-00002>
    </adventurecards>
    <cardcounter type="number">0</cardcounter>
    Still have not found a workaround to add cards within 3.3.4 yet, but I'll keep trying.

Eru

I have noticed an issue lately:

I have customised the deck removing a number of cards that I did not want in my DLR campaign, this works fine until a player uses This Card Just Rules, then the deck will deal two cards from the standard deck (ignoring my custom deck), this has resulted in two players having the same Adventure card, as well as dealing a card that I did not want the player's to get.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

I ran into the same problem tonight. I normally drag the cards from "GM Tools" onto the Adventure Cards portion of the character sheet but that no longer appears to work.screen shot.JPG

Thread Information