DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

@Jip — I just zoomed in to clear the mask areas, so it was pretty easy. I’d say it took about 30 minutes total... maybe less.

Re: maps — can you explain “drag multiple maps to form one huge one”? What did you do in Roll20, or what are you trying to accomplish in FG... or do you have an example using ToA?

Quote Originally Posted by Jip View Post
    @BrettM I've experimented with a couple of approaches to mange the player map. Your map looks great. With a steady hand, the Mask feature seems to do the trick.

And I agree with your assessment of Roll20 v FG. I'm loving FG as well. The seamless ties between story, handouts, encounters, combat, and rewards is amazing. I'm suddenly so organized! My main problem so far is managing large combat maps in FG. In Roll20 I could drag multiple map images together to form one huge map, I haven't figured that out here yet. But I'm sure if I pose the question in the right forum, I'll get tons of friendly replies.

Thanks for the info.
    You can't combine maps in FG. Each map is treated as a separate image. If you want a big map then you would need to create the big map (in whatever paint program you use) and then create smaller sections by cropping those out of the big map. You can pin maps to other maps so that you can pull up map B from Map A etc.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks Zacchaeus. You can't readily combine in Roll20 either, which is why I asked Jip for more info, re: what's he's trying to accomplish as there may be another way.

For example, you can't really show more than one map at a time in Roll20, but you can in FG, so there may be a way for Jip (and players) to just pull up multiple maps in FG and work from there, again depending on what he's trying to accomplish.

(That's one of the things I love about FG -- once shared players can access whatever map whenever they want. For the most part, in Roll20 the players can only see one map at a time, and controlled by the DM :< .)

BrettM - Zacchaeus has confirmed what I had assumed. He seems to know what functionality I'm referring to.

You CAN assemble multiple images in Roll20 to create big maps. It's great for areas where you want to have realistic "running fights" and make the long ranges of bows and 120 ft. spells really come into play. I've been assembling them outside of FG and dragging them in but it isn't nearly as fast or easy here. But, as I said above, that's really been the only let down with FG.

Gotcha Jip — thanks for clarifying!

Thread Information