Starfinder Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    I do find that the start-up of FG is slow (others have mentioned this too),
    Slow loading a campaign or just slow starting up and getting to the main welcome screen before you even do anything? If the latter, then I have this too if Chrome is running when I start FG. This was identified by another community user - celestian here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...wser-related-)
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    The Cintiq Companion 1 hardware specs are ample to run FG.
    That doesnt not mean that your configuration will necessarily be good or bad there are tonnes of other things that make your setup unique to you.

Anyway...

The screen resolution at 1080p and the small screen at 13.3" is going to make things look small.
    Try some of the Big Font extensions in the coreRPG or 5e extensions sticky posts.
    Try using /scaleui 125 in the chat window.

Do spend some time learning the interface/controls.
    They may be dissimilar to apps you are used to using and may take a few goes to become familiar with them.

Check Video drivers for newer versions.
    Check if Direct X is up to date.
    Reboot before running FG.

Please report back on what things you try and what does or does not work for your case.

Starting FG is fairly quick. It is slow opening any campaign. I have the three sample campaigns shippd with FG and two test ones I'm playing around in. Uses Wizards theme and ToA decal. I had created a module for any additional tokens, and don't have it loaded.

Takes about 1.5 minutes to open the campaign. Didn't used to.

When loading the campaign, there are many things that affect load time:
    * The graphic detail of the ruleset (5E > 3.5E > CoreRPG)
    * The number of extensions loaded, especially theme and decal extensions
    * The number of tokens in your tokens/shared and tokens/host folders
    * The number of modules open, especially newer modules with reference manuals.

To decrease load time, make sure that you are using as few extensions as possible (i.e. you only need at most one theme and/or decal extension). Also, pare down your tokens/shared and tokens/host folders, and close any modules you're not using (i.e. adventures you've already completed).

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information