FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Buggy slow, and TINY

So I am playing on a cintiq companion 1. It’s an older computer, but it is designed as a high end graphics machine of the time. I feel it should be more than powerful enough to run FG. Yet the software is slow.. glitchy, and very very tiny. I know there is a way I Can increase the size /scaleui, and I have done that.. but I want the map to be small enough that it doesn’t take my whole screen, the text only slightly larger that the large text extension makes it. Can anyone help with this?

First how to make it run faster and cleaner..

Second scale the map, text, and UI separately

FYI I have an ultimate license, which I am beginning to regret getting....

You can zoom in and out of maps/images using the mouse wheel.

You can resize the window by using ctrl and left click. It resizes on the right and bottom. Or you can place the cursor in the bottom left to resize.

As to being slow and glitchy, that's not the fault of FG, because so many of us don't have that issue, so it is very likely that your CPU can't keep up.

If you really want some instant help, try joining the Fantasy Grounds College Discord server.

https://www.fantasygroundscollege.net/

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

I beg to differ, that because many do not have an issue that it is automatically my processor that is at fault. My processor is a Intel® Core™ i-7-3517U processor, 1.9 GHz. That seems more than sufficient wouldn’t it?

An i7, you are correct, it's highly unlikely that would cause the problem.

How about zooming/resizing, does that help you out?

Dave
    No signature needed, please leave parcel on the porch.

Can you give us some examples of what you class as slow? Also what you class as buggy/glitchy? Thanks.

As you've mentioned, there are extensions that enable the font size to be larger - so you can keep the general scale of FG low, but increase the fonts. Which extensions have you tried?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Blog Entries
    What's the screen size and resolution?
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Well it's an old low voltage I7 with only 2 cores and not to be compared to a I7 in normal terms. It's running on half the GHz that todays processors are running on. Don't expect it to be able to run it just because it's an I7.
    But that shouldn't do anything on the map size..

The main issues with slow performance are opening too many modules or very large images (i.e. above 2048x2048 resolution). If the general interface is OK, but the dice are laggy/choppy then this is usually related to the advanced graphics settings on your graphics card. There are various posts on these forums that discuss settings to change.

Otherwise, please give us more specific info on the issues you're experiencing - otherwise we're just guessing... Thanks!
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Speed of HD, amount of DRAM, performance level of GPU and its DRAM will also affect performance.

Many notebooks have dual GPUs. a low performance one for simple graphics, and a high performance one for accelerated graphics. Often the enhanced performance GPU has to be chosen/configured per application to be utilized.

I have a high end I7 8 core 3.5GHz CPU, SSD, and GTX 960 video, and I do find that the start-up of FG is slow (others have mentioned this too), but once loaded and PCs connected (and synced), everything runs very well. My notebook has similar performance CPU and GPU, but runs at 2 x 4K instead of 1 x 2K video. Performance is about the same as my desktop, albeit at much higher resolution. Notebook set to 250% scaling in the OS so that fonts are actually visible.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemit View Post
    ...I do find that the start-up of FG is slow (others have mentioned this too), but once loaded and PCs connected (and synced), everything runs very well. ...
    FYI, startup time is generally attributed to number of campaigns in the campaigns folder. I move old campaigns off to an archive folder so I can get to them later if I ever want. Also, their has been some anecdotal evidence that one of the web browser applications being open and using lots of tabs may also impact startup, but this has not been isolated yet.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information